UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant find the diagnostic port on my steppy can anyone out there give me a nudge in the right direction.. :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Maxiscan is a good make..but if Dacia is anything like Renault then you might be just wasting your money with that..Renault run clip and as dacia is basically Renault then I would expect it to need the same..many of the very expensive scanners that run multiple protocols can connect but even then some will be missed due to Renault using their own fault codes..you can download can clip off the internet and run it on a laptop if you want to get into it..the codes you put up are generic and I have loads of those..problem again is what they tell you can be different to the Renault fault code..port was where you said it was..thanks for the heads up on that..

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Maxiscan is a good make..but if Dacia is anything like Renault then you might be just wasting your money with that..Renault run clip and as dacia is basically Renault then I would expect it to need the same..many of the very expensive scanners that run multiple protocols can connect but even then some will be missed due to Renault using their own fault codes..you can download can clip off the internet and run it on a laptop if you want to get into it..the codes you put up are generic and I have loads of those..problem again is what they tell you can be different to the Renault fault code..port was where you said it was..thanks for the heads up on that..
Thanks for that, Phil, are you saying that Renault/Dacia fault codes don't follow the standard listed codes, which I thought was the reason for introducing the OBD 11 system, world wide ? :eek:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I am glad you posted this, I gave the socket a cursory glance and thought it was different from the USB OBDII scanner I have and just snapped it shut.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks for that, Phil, are you saying that Renault/Dacia fault codes don't follow the standard listed codes, which I thought was the reason for introducing the OBD 11 system, world wide ? :eek:
Sorry for the late reply mate got the gardener here..yes thats right many use different codes and protocols its nothing new..Renault use can clip along with Nissan..

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Sorry for the late reply mate got the gardener here..yes thats right many use different codes and protocols its nothing new..Renault use can clip along with Nissan..
This is what the seller says !

Compatible Vehicles :
  • Works with UK vehicles from 96, 2001.
  • Diesels from 2004 on-wards with a compliant OBD-II 16 PIN Diagnostic plug (including vehicles on the CAN, VPW, PMW, ISO & KWP2000 protocols) including: Acura, Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Corvette, Daewoo, Daihatsu, Dodge, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Lamborghini, Lancia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lotus, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MG, Mini, Mitsubishi, Morgan, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Pontiac, Porsche, Renault, Rover, Saab, Saturn, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Ssangyong, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Volvo, Yugo.

So have I been 'ripped-off' then ? :(

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what the seller says !

Compatible Vehicles :
  • Works with UK vehicles from 96, 2001.
  • Diesels from 2004 on-wards with a compliant OBD-II 16 PIN Diagnostic plug (including vehicles on the CAN, VPW, PMW, ISO & KWP2000 protocols) including: Acura, Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Corvette, Daewoo, Daihatsu, Dodge, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Lamborghini, Lancia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lotus, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MG, Mini, Mitsubishi, Morgan, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Pontiac, Porsche, Renault, Rover, Saab, Saturn, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Ssangyong, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Volvo, Yugo.

So have I been 'ripped-off' then ? :(
They always say that..If I had a pound for every poster on renault forums that said "nothing is showing up" I would be a millionaire renault codes start with DF on can clip..you might be lucky with the one you have purchased but the code that will come up on the generic reader wont necessarily mean the same as the clip code..fingers crossed for you though.. :)

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
They always say that..If I had a pound for every poster on renault forums that said "nothing is showing up" I would be a millionaire renault codes start with DF on can clip..you might be lucky with the one you have purchased but the code that will come up on the generic reader wont necessarily mean the same as the clip code..fingers crossed for you though.. :)
So Renault are not 'playing the game' then !! :eek:

I have found this on the web, assuming my reader will work !

http://www.datsc.com/tabid/123/Diagnostics/Dacia/Default.aspx

·
Registered
370 Posts
Lift the lid again and count the number of pins in there there should be 16 pins.. :lol:
Haha from the man who couldn't find it an hour ago, :D :D :D

I was going to give the OBDII scanner another go having had no success with my KIA even though it was specified.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts

I was going to give the OBDII scanner another go having had no success with my KIA even though it was specified.
Best of luck, please let us know the results !! :wub:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

There you go then kia not playing the game as well ..there was a case a number of years ago when manufacturers were told to divulge info about their cars..even mechanics were complaining they were unable to fix the cars because nothing was available on autodata etc..its pretty obvious why they dont want us to know but not really playing the game but its still going on and Renault is still an example of this..looking in the handbook of my stepway made me shudder with disbelief..well I could always use it for toilet paper if I'm desperate :p ..thank god for forums guys if we didnt have them we would be well and truly screwed.. :wacko:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts