UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Do you have an odd rattle when you close the boot? Tried looking at all the bumper / wheel trims, etc?

I noticed it yesterday and went to the dealer today - Very quick process of elimination and it was the exhaust shield under the car.

A minor tweak up on the ramp, and all nice and quiet again....

Mine is a 0.9 Tce Laureate :wub: - Not sure if the other engines have the same exhaust set up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No sir, I do not (0.9TCe Ambiance)

I do however have a rather annoying 'ticking' sound whenever the windscreen wipers go on.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yep the relay is in the cabin not engine bay, solution is to ramp the beat box up a touch or polish the windscreen really well and drive fast.

Annoys the life out of me also

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem from new. A heat shield underneath the car was loose and rattled when I closed doors, the boot or left the car idling. I mentioned it when I had my first service (after living with this rattling for a year) and they sorted it under warranty, no questions asked.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yep the relay is in the cabin not engine bay, solution is to ramp the beat box up a touch or polish the windscreen really well and drive fast.

Annoys the life out of me also
Is there a way to muffle the noise of the tick if its in the cabin? Mine only does it on the intermediate setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts