UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am worried about the accuracy of the odometer on my new Duster.

For the past 8 years my Fiesta has been recording a round trip to work of 44.4 miles. In the first 2 days of commuting in the Duster i'm reading exactly 1 mile less for exactly same route.

Of course the Fiesta could have been wrong all these years ; but the 44.4 miles ties up pretty much with the distance measured on GoogleMaps.

Anyone else experienced discrepancies with their Dacia? And how can one test it?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Am worried about the accuracy of the odometer on my new Duster.

For the past 8 years my Fiesta has been recording a round trip to work of 44.4 miles. In the first 2 days of commuting in the Duster i'm reading exactly 1 mile less for exactly same route.

Of course the Fiesta could have been wrong all these years ; but the 44.4 miles ties up pretty much with the distance measured on GoogleMaps.

Anyone else experienced discrepancies with their Dacia? And how can one test it?
Surely that's a good thing? Come sale time you'll be reaping the benefits of saving that mile twice daily ;-)

·
Registered
288 Posts
You're looking at a difference of only just over 2 percent which is well within limits, eg one of them could be a mere 1 percent over and the other 1 percent under.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
All odometer read a bit ambitious by about 6% as said there will be minor difference but it's well within tolerances . Just putting a different brand tyre on or worn tyres will make that much of a change

1 - 6 of 6 Posts