UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2500 fantastic fault free miles things have now all of a sudden are starting to go wrong ...... Fuel gauge now reads full perminantly no matter how much fuel is in the tank and new water ingress fault, as the heavens opened over parts of norfolk yesterday I was treated to indoor water feature with water coming through aerial mount on the roof.
Headlining is now stained and fallen apart ( it's made of cardboard sort of stuff) so it's back to the dealers tomorrow.

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
After 2500 fantastic fault free miles things have now all of a sudden are starting to go wrong ...... Fuel gauge now reads full perminantly no matter how much fuel is in the tank and new water ingress fault, as the heavens opened over parts of norfolk yesterday I was treated to indoor water feature with water coming through aerial mount on the roof.
Headlining is now stained and fallen apart ( it's made of cardboard sort of stuff) so it's back to the dealers tomorrow.
Sorry to hear that, but ! I better stay quiet on this new set of problems.

Hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That ain't so good sidestand ... hope the dealer takes 'ownership' of all these issues and everything gets sorted to your satisfaction, pronto.

I have to take my Duster back to the dealer, due to wheel arch protectors and door protectors (Adventure Pack) starting to come unstuck, but these are more like cosmetic problems compared with the core issues you're reporting.

Reactions: sidestand and Bex

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not Good, I've just got to 1100 miles and first run in the rain in mine, a good wash this afternoon not seen any leaks yet but will be having a good look tomorrow.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And there was me thinking i was going to get 1000 miles out of a tank full of diesel..... not sure if the sender unit is knackered or guage but it could be a wire come loose..... still dealer can sort it and as for new headlining im thinking of doing away with that map self storage thing when the new liner is fitted.

Will keep updated and post dealer findings and outcome.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hope it's a quickly sorted and done properly sidestand.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh sidestand, I'm really sorry to hear this, hope the problem is sorted quick and easily for you
So does the wife as it means i will get to use my other car while the duster gets fixed......would be nice to drive MY car for a change as the mrs wont drive the duster because you have to wiggle that stick in the middle to change gear(she thinks its to decide what colour to do her nails....and as for lifting that lever to apply the handbrake... totally unheard off).

The dog will be happy that the dusters gone in for repairs as she loves the taste of the audi's leather seats compared to the duster.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
So does the wife as it means i will get to use my other car while the duster gets fixed......would be nice to drive MY car for a change as the mrs wont drive the duster because you have to wiggle that stick in the middle to change gear(she thinks its to decide what colour to do her nails....and as for lifting that lever to apply the handbrake... totally unheard off).

The dog will be happy that the dusters gone in for repairs as she loves the taste of the audi's leather seats compared to the duster.
I totally understand how your better half feels! George is my first manual for 10 years !!!!! I had a grotty gold mitsubishi galant in california, then a wonderful vauxhall astra in metallic british racing green (my second fave car ever, until the pistons came thru the engine block on the A9 and it spat bits of engine over the road!!!), and then the citroen C4, a mistake and a rushed decision (utter rubbish). All these were autos!

Spent 18 months deciding who the next George would be......sat in the demonstrator on the test drive and loved it.....and only stalled him once so far !!!!!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Can I ask a cheeky favour sidestand, if you're able to can you snap a picture of the underside of the aerial mount where the water is coming in? I'm planning to replace the stock antenna with a DAB one when my Duster arrives and it would be handy to see it. It might also help others work out how to better waterproof the fitting.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I totally understand how your better half feels! George is my first manual for 10 years !!!!! I had a grotty gold mitsubishi galant in california, then a wonderful vauxhall astra in metallic british racing green (my second fave car ever, until the pistons came thru the engine block on the A9 and it spat bits of engine over the road!!!), and then the citroen C4, a mistake and a rushed decision (utter rubbish). All these were autos!

Spent 18 months deciding who the next George would be......sat in the demonstrator on the test drive and loved it.....and only stalled him once so far !!!!!
I just love the fact that she wont willingly use the duster as i can leave all my important man stuff(she calls it junk....what does she know) in it and she aint going to move it or try and tidy it like she does in my man cave(shed to her).

At least the Duster aint got Michael Buble cds in it .....YET !!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can I ask a cheeky favour sidestand, if you're able to can you snap a picture of the underside of the aerial mount where the water is coming in? I'm planning to replace the stock antenna with a DAB one when my Duster arrives and it would be handy to see it. It might also help others work out how to better waterproof the fitting.
Have no pictures as yet because the map storage thing is still in place.....but do know that the mount has an external gasket and is fitted by a 8mm stud and nut directly above the interior light....i know this as on the first day the light fitting fell out and had a clear view of aerial lead and fittment nut.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
i know this as on the first day the light fitting fell out and had a clear view of aerial lead and fittment nut.
Thanks that's good to know, it means there's a chance that replacing the aerial (and waterproofing it...) will not be too difficult.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have now got a fuel gauge that shows permanently full and it's getting towards 300 miles from when I last filled up! Have to fill up again as I don't want to run out on the motorway!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just love the fact that she wont willingly use the duster as i can leave all my important man stuff(she calls it junk....what does she know) in it and she aint going to move it or try and tidy it like she does in my man cave(shed to her).

At least the Duster aint got Michael Buble cds in it .....YET !!!!!
What is going on here folks???

Had the car 1 month now and only let her indoors sit in it once........as for driving it......are ye mad?? :p

As for the cave I regularly mention the possibility of there being a teensy weensy little mouse in there and the cleaning tidying stuff goes out the window.

I am lucky enough to have a few sheds/caves at various shouting distances from the house which I find is useful :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Firstly,it goes without saying this is rubbish for you and sorry your having bother.

Surely there is a rubber washer/seal where the ariel comes in how in hell has this happened?

As for the fuel gauge,I see someone else on here is having the same problem...simply not good enough.

If I read that Dacia has come first for reliability in 5 european countries one more time then come on here and read stuff like this much longer I think I'll scream.

I am used to having Honda CRVs..... .now they really can gloat about reliabilty (and they are built in Swindon ,not India)

I simply cannot afford to buy such quality vehicles any longer and thus I have believed the hype about these new Dacias and ordered one.

If I have any problems with mine when it comes I dont think I am going to react very amicably :angry:

Reactions: Bex

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update ..... Took car to dealer and advised on the fuel gauge that it. Is probably just a loose wire/connection and it will be in for test and inspection for the fault on Friday.
Dealer admits cardboard headlining is damaged by water Ingres and has agreed to replace and wait for the best bit .... the new liner could take between 8/10 weeks to be delivered and fitted.
Loose aerial mount at fault so they popped out the interior light and tightened it.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts