UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have done around 1000 miles a month for 4 months now and we have to confirm things are not quite great in the Sandero.

We have transported a toddler a lot in this car (like we have transported other children in other cars) and her ladyship has always sat with the babes in the rear seat while I drive us around

ONLY EVER has she reported feeling "car sick" in this one, the Sandero. That's bad.

Meanwhile, the driver's seat is very questionable and I believe that here the true quality/value for money thing shines through with a Dacia. There is no real "give" in the seats nor any lumbar support at all for the driver (in particular).

I remembered the nice seats in the Duster when we test drove that model and have asked whether it is possible to fit replacement seats (those from a Duster) into a Sandero in order to make things nicer.

The reply I got from the "firm" was that the part numbers were not the same therefore they could not recommend an exchange of seats.

What I want to know is will the seats from the front of a Duster physically fit the runners on the floor of a Sandero because, otherwise, the Sandero might just have to go to a new (and unsuspecting) owner.

Summed up - - - - - - my car makes my back ache - - - - - - - - - saaaave meeee?

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
I don't know whether the Duster seats would fit but have you considered one of those lumbar support things that fit onto the seat?

I havn't had a problem with my seats at all!

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
I would agree with Nick I havant had any issues with mine either (done 8000 in it so far including a long drive into central france) and that is someone who has a very long standing Back injury.

I find the seats much better than a Vauxhalls or VW Caddy Van (Which went after 1 month as I was in absolute agony with it my Company replaced it with a Toyota Hilux)

just my 2 penny worth

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I would be very much surprised if the seating exists that suits everybody.... which is, admittedly, not much help to those with an issue.

As an aside, in the late 1980s, our family car was a Lada Riva estate. Obviously my 'spot' back then was in the rear, but I fondly remember it as having the comfiest back seat I've encountered before or since! Just shows, cheap can be just as good - or better! :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Its interesting to hear conflicting opinions about the seats. That leads me to believe that maybe some of you that are having problems might need to alter your seat position slightly. If dougal, who has admitted to having back issues, is happy then i am sure i will be too.

In my opinion, try tweeking the position of the seat slightly and see if it makes a difference before doing anything more drastic!
With all due respect i can't agree Geraint, the seats do not have enough lateral padding for myself and when cornering i can physically feel myself sliding towards the door, I have tried to adjust the seat all ways and the lack of lumber/lower back padding is quite apparent for myself, as i said I think it all depends on the shape and size of the individual to how it fits.

It way be perfect for Dougal and the way he sits and the shape of his back but obviously for myself and triple D! its not.

As mentioned as lumber support addition may help triple D and possibly myself but i'm now using the QQ on longer journeys and i'm having no issues at all.

The seats as the car are built to a price point so I did not expect recarro style comfort but maybe slightly better than is supplied, the height adjustment improves the seat.

In answer to triple D for a couple of hundred pounds you could fit an aftermarket seat that will do the job very nicely but you won't have matching seats, my Brother did this following a back injury in his C5 estate and it transformed his drive and duration comfort

·
Registered
109 Posts
My dealer said the seats were Clio 3 items so maybe a scrapper is the place to look for better ones from that range.

Just remember airbags and seatbelt pre tensioners

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
313 Posts
My seats are the leather ones and are absolutely fine. I had a fractured spine years ago which has left me with a pretty stiff back, and they are very comfy / supportive for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone,

many thanks for all your supportive/constructive comments. I have to say I had kind of overlooked the need to consider the "electronics" associated with seats these days and may have been a bit flippant when I thought about straight forward replacements without considering air bags and seat belts etc. So thanks in particular for pointing that out.

I shall be looking into the wire-framed back support suggested above - I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone, happy new year!

As promised above I have now installed 2 of those wire framed lumbar supports in the Sandero. For me they score 10/10; for my wife maybe 8/10. Both of us feel much more comfortable and even a little relaxed at the end of journeys now.

Many thanks for the suggestion min200 - simple solutions are often best, aren't they?

(Incidentally - Halfords product @ £19.99 each - other brands and prices are available).

DDD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts