Tears streaming down my face

Mouth on fire

Too much chilli in the chilli

Oh my god!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dammit why didn't I think of Milk or Ice Cream?? I've been downing copious amounts of beer, it doesn't work but I no longer care :D

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alex there's spicy and then there's pain :) I prefer to be able to taste my food so a little spicy is good but not too much.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
The Capsaicin in chilli is what burns your tongue.

Its doesn't dissolve in water, so water has no effect. It is soluble in oils and fat, so ice cream, full cream milk, full fat yoghurt will take the edge off, as will plain boiled rice. Cold skimmed milk also works because something in the milk acts as a detergent and washes it away.

It dissolves in alcohol, but that just lets is get further into your mouth.

If you've been handling raw chilli water won't wash it off, but soap and water will, or just some cooking oil.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Alex there's spicy and then there's pain :) I prefer to be able to taste my food so a little spicy is good but not too much.
I do know what you mean mate although I must admit I do like things rather warm but it's all down to building up to it.

I'll still fid a vindaloo hot but good hot not ridiculous.

Have a look at some of the sauces here, the Blair's sauces are awesome : http://www.hotsauceemporium.co.uk

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
The Capsaicin in chilli is what burns your tongue.

Its doesn't dissolve in water, so water has no effect. It is soluble in oils and fat, so ice cream, full cream milk, full fat yoghurt will take the edge off, as will plain boiled rice. Cold skimmed milk also works because something in the milk acts as a detergent and washes it away.

It dissolves in alcohol, but that just lets is get further into your mouth.

If you've been handling raw chilli water won't wash it off, but soap and water will, or just some cooking oil.
So what you're saying here Chris is there's a market for fatty beer or alcoholic yoghurt?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alcoholic health food, I can live with that :D

Reactions: ralphy
1 - 13 of 13 Posts