UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looked at Jaun Sanderos mileage and its at 95!

That's nearly 100 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

its going to take us months to run him in :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I've driven from Manchester to The Lakes, Scarborough, France, Belgium, Liverpool as well as around my own area and my odometer shows 18 miles.

They really need to get this trip computer fixed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've got 300Km on it since Monday - remember Malta is small - and it's driving me NUTS!!! Also - the dealer in Malta said running in is 3,000Km - that's 1,864 miles for you Imperialists!!!

Why double the 900 miles you guys have been told???

djc

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Good lord! I read that as 300 thousand miles!!! :D I can't think what he means with the higher running in distance except maybe because of the lack of long runs possible the engine might take longer to loosen up?

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
The Manual says -

Petrol version
For the first 600 miles (1,000 km), do not exceed 78 mph (130 km/h) in the highest gear, or 3,000 to 3,500 rpm.
You may only expect top performance from your vehicle after approximately 1,800 miles (3,000 km).

Diesel version
For the first 900 miles (1,500 km), do not exceed 2,500 rpm. After completing this mileage you may drive faster, although you may only expect top performance after approximately 3,600 miles (6,000 km).
Do not accelerate hard while the engine is still cold and do not let the engine over-rev.

Dealers can't read.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well after a trip to see my parents and siblings this weekend we are up to the staggering total of....

277 miles!

I have to say I am impressed with the MPG already on a run and its supposed to get better after the run in so happy days :)

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I've probably done around 2000 miles.

I was looking at the technical manual section about replacing the instrument panel, and it says that it is important to read and note down the old mileage before fitting, and to write this in the service log book before fitting a new panel.

Will they be able to get the current mileage from the OBD or will be miles be "lost" when they replace my instrument panel, as they can't copy it from the old one?

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If its a new panel I believe it starts from zero again hence keeping a note of existing mileage before fitting it..

Saying that you will have that new car feeling again!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've driven from Manchester to The Lakes, Scarborough, France, Belgium, Liverpool as well as around my own area and my odometer shows 18 miles.

you must try driving it foreward

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
If its a new panel I believe it starts from zero again hence keeping a note of existing mileage before fitting it..

Saying that you will have that new car feeling again!
doesnt the cars "brain" log all the moles so when the new clocks are fitted it'll show the moles done?:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts