UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks...

Sorry I have been away so long...doing a lot of viewing but not much posting....Have been enjoying summer and brilling!!!

Anyway, I finally got round to having my Duster serviced for a couple of squeaks and a line on the instrument cluster which was dimmer than the rest of it (To be honest the dealer noticed this during 1st service, not me, and advised they will replace it straight away) - I had 5020 Km on the odometer when I took it in...

I picked it up today and lo and behold my odometer reads 24 Km!!!! I called the dealer and advised them of the situation, their reply was that they have not figured out how to get the old reading yet and they will call me when they do!!!

Antavi....you want to give them the heads up??

BTW - all the squeaks are gone (steering, rear passenger door) but the squeaky drivers seat is still there although reduced substantially....

djc

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hmmm I wouldnt try too hard to "unclock" it if it was me.. :ph34r:

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I think it's common to find the mileage reset after replacing the display, I think it's all one unit that just gets swapped out. As Dogstar says don't worry about it but for the sake of honesty make a note in the logbook about the genuine figure being higher.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hey folks...

Sorry I have been away so long...doing a lot of viewing but not much posting....Have been enjoying summer and brilling!!!

Anyway, I finally got round to having my Duster serviced for a couple of squeaks and a line on the instrument cluster which was dimmer than the rest of it (To be honest the dealer noticed this during 1st service, not me, and advised they will replace it straight away) - I had 5020 Km on the odometer when I took it in...

I picked it up today and lo and behold my odometer reads 24 Km!!!! I called the dealer and advised them of the situation, their reply was that they have not figured out how to get the old reading yet and they will call me when they do!!!

Antavi....you want to give them the heads up??

BTW - all the squeaks are gone (steering, rear passenger door) but the squeaky drivers seat is still there although reduced substantially....

djc
This to my knowledge its done only by puting a pc on it thro thhe car computer and with the right software so I think they don't have that only in factory probably

Cris300 had also this prob but for u its a good thing hehehe u have a youger car

But seriously note somewhere ur true mileage

Mountain Green is the Springest Color

1 - 4 of 4 Posts