UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I am picking up my new Sandero 1.2 Ambiance on Wednesday 21st October and have been offered a good deal on 3 years servicing.

I intend to keep the Sandero for at least 5 years and I like to look after my cars and I know regular oil changes are key to help prolong engine life.

I only cover around 7000 miles a year and was wondering if people still change their engine oil after the first 500-1000 miles to get rid of any particles, metal etc??

Many thanks!!

Clarkie

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi all.

I am picking up my new Sandero 1.2 Ambiance on Wednesday 21st October and have been offered a good deal on 3 years servicing.

I intend to keep the Sandero for at least 5 years and I like to look after my cars and I know regular oil changes are key to help prolong engine life.

I only cover around 7000 miles a year and was wondering if people still change their engine oil after the first 500-1000 miles to get rid of any particles, metal etc??

Many thanks!!

Clarkie
I haven't yet but I'm looking to buy one of those magnetic sump bolts before I do an oil change.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine has only covered 3059 mile and the oil looks pretty clean so I think the car had its oil changed before it went on display..I bought a 4th year warranty but my 3rd doesn't expire till June 2016 and will be serviced again then to keep the warranty in for that 4th year..so my my reckoning I will be climbing back under around June 2017..I only do around 2k miles now but even so I still change both oil and filter regardless.. :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Those were the days when oil, oil filters and manufacturing tolerances were not what they are today. Shouldn't need to change the oil until manufacturers recommended time.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
The Manufacturers recommended oil change frequency is every 12,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first.

Not changing oil as per the manufacturers recommended schedule could invalidate your warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I haven't yet but I'm looking to buy one of those magnetic sump bolts before I do an oil change.
I've bought my magnetic sump plug (Gold Plug type AP10 from Opie Oils via eBay) after my dealer agreed to fit it at my service next month ! ;)

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...I'm paying £11 a month to Renault / EMAC towards routine annual servicing for my Duster, which will essentially cost me £396 over 3 years - or £528 by the end of year 4, at which point the first MOT is included in the deal...

...I'm quite happy with that, as the Duster is my first 'brand new' car - so despite paying £11 a month, I've saved the cost 4x MOTs, plus whatever prep might have been needed...

...I've also saved a year's road tax - and for years 2+ the Duster is in a lower tax band than my previous car anyway!

Joe

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Renault Wolverhampton fitted my Gold Plug AP10 Magnetic sump plug for me yesterday at it's 24 month service, gave me the original one back as well !! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts