UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're a 2 TCe90 engined Sandero family, one lives mostly away and is professionally serviced (but on a rare visit I took the opportunity to change the oil), I service the other.

The professionally serviced car had suffered missing/seized/damaged/broken bolts and and torn "bolt-holes" to the under-tray (which were a pain to repair) but the major cause for concern was how tight the plastic oil filter housing had become (requiring a long breaker bar on the 27mm socket and a good deal of force to remove).

I've noticed that the one I service, even when having a well oiled O-ring on replacement, still manages to become more tight than the 25Nm tightening torque would suggest it should.

My query is; how tough is the filter housing, what is the incidence of failure whilst using the moulded hex moulding to release it and has anyone used another type of tool to grip/remove the housing which could potentially prove less damaging to the housing?

Or do I just arm myself with a spare housing in readiness for the day I break one?

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We're a 2 TCe90 engined Sandero family, one lives mostly away and is professionally serviced (but on a rare visit I took the opportunity to change the oil), I service the other.

The professionally serviced car had suffered missing/seized/damaged/broken bolts and and torn "bolt-holes" to the under-tray (which were a pain to repair) but the major cause for concern was how tight the plastic oil filter housing had become (requiring a long breaker bar on the 27mm socket and a good deal of force to remove).

I've noticed that the one I service, even when having a well oiled O-ring on replacement, still manages to become more tight than the 25Nm tightening torque would suggest it should.

My query is; how tough is the filter housing, what is the incidence of failure whilst using the moulded hex moulding to release it and has anyone used another type of tool to grip/remove the housing which could potentially prove less damaging to the housing?

Or do I just arm myself with a spare housing in readiness for the day I break one?

Thanks in anticipation.
I have the same problem so the last time I changed the filter I've tried coating the sealing ring with grease .Cant see it making a difference but you have to try something. The pressure needed to unscrew the filter housing makes you wonder how the plastic nut stands it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it seems as if you and I are the only ones who have encountered this issue. Hopefully, this is good news and the plastic housings are more robust than they seem. My nearest Dacia agent gave the cost of a replacement housing as £12-ish but not in stock, they're on-sale on a-well-known-aucion-site for £40 including a filter. I'm going to get one as insurance just to just to set my mind at rest. I've already resolved to give the housing a jolly serious looking-at when it's off as I've read that similar housings on other vehicle makes have suffered cracks which are not immediately noticable but cause leakage under pressure!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts