UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can someone please give me a simple answer as i have searched and came up with many different answers. I have a Dacia Duster Laureate 1.5 dci 4x2

Please tell me what oil grade i need and what tyre pressure i need

I have seen so many different answers, i am baffled!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
According to the Manteinance programme for my engine (dCi 1.5 90CV Sandero)

ENGINE OIL

Standard ACEA C3

Average engine capacity: 4.50 litres

Grades to use according to the external temperature:

ABOVE:

-15ºC... 5W30, 5W40

-20ºC... 5W30, 5W40

-25ºC... 5W30, 5W40

-30ºC... 0W40

About the pressure, I can't help you. I have a Sandero.

The other diesel cars I had (Kia Ceed and VW Golf) both 2.0 diesel used 5W40.

So if you are in need of refilling a bit, the best bet (IMHO) would be to go with Elf 5W40.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The tire pressure should be on a sticker somewhere on the car or of course in the manual. I checked recently and I believe it was 29psi but memory could be fuzzy..

·
Registered
313 Posts
My tyre label is on the rear passenger door..... Makes perfect sense as they would of course be maintaining the car..... ?!?!

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
@gudniterider

Re oil: It said on my handover docs, ACEA C3. Looked on the web for my Duster 4wd 110 DCi engine and I came up with C4. Then, looking for a bit more help on the web about oil, I decided to go with the general advice about not mixing brands and bought a back-up litre of Elf Evolution Full-Tech FE 5W-30: it says on the label "ACEA C4 level C3". No idea what "ACEA 4 level C3" means, but I shall have no qualms about using it to top if I need to.

I only bought a litre cos oil has a shelf life even if un-opened apparently (I didn't know this before) and I won't be considering doing my own servicing until after warranty - it's just an emergency back up in case I suddenly notice the engine is loosing oil and I need to top-up to get it to a nearby repair-shop.

Of course, the web also brought up comments about sticking any ol' thing into the engine "and I've never had a problem". Maybe, but I'm not going to go that far unless I'm stuck somewhere with a major problem and just need oil - i.e. anything that will stop the engine seizing up.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had the oil and air filter changed at Renault today at only 5040 kilometers. I did it early because they are working on my road and I have had to drive through clouds of dust from the cars in front of me every day for weeks. I had Renault do it so they couldn't fuss later about the warranty. They use ELF brand lubricants including oil. I doubt that brand is any better for the Renault engine than any other but they have it in the manual and even have an "ELF" sticker on the back window of all the Renault vehicles they sell here. A gimmick I'm sure. I was curious about something else at the service. Dusters have been on sale here since 2010. I asked the service manager if any owners have wanted or needed new coil over shocks. He swore the answer was no.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Oil is 5w 30 fully synthetic C3, you can use C2 - the difference is a additive that improves MPG.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts