UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have just bought a new duster 1.5 dci diesel ambience, happy with it on the whole but when I accelerate up an incline the oil pressure light flicks on and beeps once sometimes twice, its not all the time but quite annoying, its been back to the Arnold Clark new pressure switch, new dash pod still no joy next they say they need to put it on a machine whilst driving, to get all engine pressures etc so they can speak to dacia with data. Has anyone seen this problem before
Paul

·
Registered
230 Posts
Never had the oil pressure light come on on an incline with our diesel phase 2 duster so must be a problem.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they still haven't found the problem now they want it for a week or so, they need to remove the dashboard to get to the wiring loom, they recon it may be an electrical problem. I personally think it's an engine problem and they are not telling me. Not happy at all having my new car ripped apart but what can i do
Paul

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
low oil level or wrong grade of oil can also cause the warning lamp to come on whilst accelerating and cornering briskly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car is new from Renault so i would expect the correct oil and the level was bang on, i will update when they (if they ) find the problem

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
If the problem only appears going uphill it might be too much oil, equally bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got the duster back all fixed i hope, they found a broken wire in the engine bay somewhere and repaired it problem solved without the need to remove the dashboard happier now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts