UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this light come on while driving? Mine came on today and when I checked the oil it seemed low but topping it up hasn't made the light go out, just wondered if anyone else has had a problem before I get the dealer involved.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Has anyone had this light come on while driving? Mine came on today and when I checked the oil it seemed low but topping it up hasn't made the light go out, just wondered if anyone else has had a problem before I get the dealer involved.
Proberbly only the sensor switch, if it hasen't seized up allready, but I wouldn't drive it any more, get in touch with the dealer quick IMO ! :eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
If it's not the switch and the reading is true, you're looking at a very serious problem with the engine.

Definitely don't drive it again and contact the dealer as said before.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
hi brigadoon, sorry to hear you've got issues, but agree with everyone, contact ur dealer asap, that light is one i dont ignore.
keep us informed as to how u get on....best of luck
DM x

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
465 Posts
Had a similar problem with the duster, came on while driving down the M1, panic looked in the book and it was the oil change light. As I had had the car serviced at 11700 miles and the light came on about 12500 miles . I presume the garage who serviced it had not reset something and 12500 is some sort of reminder, but followed the book and a reset of the oil change light, dead easy.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Had a similar problem with the duster, came on while driving down the M1, panic looked in the book and it was the oil change light. As I had had the car serviced at 11700 miles and the light came on about 12500 miles . I presume the garage who serviced it had not reset something and 12500 is some sort of reminder, but followed the book and a reset of the oil change light, dead easy.
The diesel Stepway dosn't have an 'Oil Change Light' just an 'Oil Pressure' as far as I know it's a picture of a spanner on the fuel guage / trip computer ! ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Surely thats oil change. Oil pressure is usually a oil can symbol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Surely thats oil change. Oil pressure is usually a oil can symbol
Nightsecuritystephen,Why havent you disagreed with this yet?

I still disagree with your statement that there is no difference between a cam belt and a cam chain.

There are undiscovered single cell aomeba on Pluto that know the difference between a belt and a chain.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nightsecuritystephen,Why havent you disagreed with this yet?

I still disagree with your statement that there is no difference between a cam belt and a cam chain.

There are undiscovered single cell aomeba on Pluto that know the difference between a belt and a chain.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts