UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

still getting used to my 2 week old duster- and i may be a bit paranoid, but has anyone else noticed on their diesel dusters that from cold the oil light takes 2/3 seconds to go out? ive checked oil as you do and its up to just under full mark, as my last car was a petrol and the light went out straight away...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi guys, since today i have the orange oil (with 2 arrows - 1 going left and 1 going right) that came on, i think it is simply the warning that the car is due to its first service. I have done 12550 miles, any suggestions??

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Erm ..... have your first service?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ive been quoted £188 for the first service on my Duster Laureate 4x2.
Does anyone else think this is a tad expensive?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
895 Posts
Check out your first service prices Guys !!!!!!!!!! it was a big problem at first in Germany Its just a Oil change and filter change ! And the Oill light is a oil pressure light which takes a couple of seconds to build Pressure

How about a thread to show Bills ! This would make the Garages look !!

·
Registered
219 Posts

That does sound expensive, the service plan is £10 a month so its only £120 a year for a Duster 4x4 service.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
This is one of my bug-bears with Dacia.

When I bought my car they were advertising Fixed Price Dacia servicing on their website at £109 and this was one of the reasons I bought the car, of course no-one needed a service then. A couple of months later they changed the offer to 3 years servicing for "one easy payment of £489".

Some dealers haven't updated their websites are are still offering fixed price £109 servicing. eg.

Jaybee Dacia in North Oxfordshire

Lookers Dacia (Stockport, Colchester, Chester)

You don't have to have your servicing done by Renault/Dacia for warranty purposes. Any reputable garage can do it as long as its done to Dacia specifications.

Transcript of my chat with Dacia Customer Services here.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts

TAD??

I think its robbery if you say even at consumer prices oil £30, filter £10 (garages will pay less), how long does it take to drain the sump and swap the filter. I think I could do it in about 30 mins with the right tools (sump plug square drive socket and filter wrench) so that puts the labour @ nearly £300 per hour!

·
Registered
602 Posts
TAD??

I think its robbery if you say even at consumer prices oil £30, filter £10 (garages will pay less), how long does it take to drain the sump and swap the filter. I think I could do it in about 30 mins with the right tools (sump plug square drive socket and filter wrench) so that puts the labour @ nearly £300 per hour!
are they not supposed to do a thorough check over everything and test drive it as well?

I think in terms of the paint and corrosion warranty they are supposed to examine it thoroughly to see if there are chips or scratches that they can tell you need repairing properly at your expense to their standards or the warranty will be void,; and to check if there is any sign of corrosion emerging as a result of manufacturing faults?

I would be very disappointed if all you gat was oil and filter!

Its not even as if it is so hi-tech or inaccessible that you couldn't do it yourself in an hour ( like I used to do up until about five years ago when I started buying newer cars!.)

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
are they not supposed to do a thorough check over everything and test drive it as well?

I think in terms of the paint and corrosion warranty they are supposed to examine it thoroughly to see if there are chips or scratches that they can tell you need repairing properly at your expense to their standards or the warranty will be void,; and to check if there is any sign of corrosion emerging as a result of manufacturing faults?

I would be very disappointed if all you gat was oil and filter!

Its not even as if it is so hi-tech or inaccessible that you couldn't do it yourself in an hour ( like I used to do up until about five years ago when I started buying newer cars!.)
If they do indeed do what you have suggested, its still a minimum of £150 labour. And from my experience with Dacia they are not interested in fixing manufacturing faults.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi guys, since today i have the orange oil (with 2 arrows - 1 going left and 1 going right) that came on, i think it is simply the warning that the car is due to its first service. I have done 12550 miles, any suggestions??
Did you go for your Service ? something is wrong ! I hope you have not gone OVER your service interval cos that something wrong can happen to your wallet !

Engine oil change warning
light
This lights up on the instrument panel
when an oil change is required.
Change the oil or have it changed as
soon as possible.
Instrument panel A
û
The
warning light re-
quires you to stop immedi-
ately, for your own safety,
as soon as traffic conditions allow.
Switch off the engine and do not re-
start it. Contact an approved Dealer.
Only the distance travelled between two
oil changes is taken into account; the
time interval between two oil changes
is not.
The oil should always be changed
when the first threshold is reached, i.e.
either the distance travelled or the inter-
val specified in your vehicle's mainte-
nance document. This means you may
have to change the oil before the warn-
ing light comes on.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had a finger problem on the last tablet I had...the problem was, I thought it was a suppository!

As Colonel Sanders used to say;"They're finger lickin' good!"

( Sorry...that was poor taste..but we have a vacancy for someone with that sense of humour in Scotland now that Frankie Boyle has left " Mock the week")

1 - 20 of 26 Posts