UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I phoned my dealer yesterday to find out the progress of my car and I was told that it was on the back of a transporter truck (if that's what you call it!!!) and will arrive at Renault Bolton by the end of next week! I should recieve it on the 1st of September!!! My current car's MOT runs out on 29th of this month, so I need my new car ASAP after this date!

After reading lots of comments on this forum I have a few questions. Will my car's maps/Media NAV be updated already, or will I have to do that myself? What are the first things that I should buy for my new Cinder Red Car?

Getting excited now.

Andy

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I also got side door protectors and back bumper protector .Google rgm mouldin u.ll find them on ther if u want them.hope u enjoy yr new car .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya. Thank you both for your replies. I pick my new car up on 2nd September!

Dephanix- I have ordered the wiper blades, do you think the better headlights are needed...do they make a significant improvement? Also what are the bonnet seal and top mount cap needed for? Will i be able to fit these myself....sorry I am a complete and utter novice at cars!!!!

Ray Robinson- same question really...did you fit the rear and side protectors yourself...where they easy to fit?

Also can anyone help me with "Will my car's maps/Media NAV be updated already, or will I have to do that myself?"

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and I am thinking that i may get the "STEPWAY" sticker took off my car....has anyone else done this...was going to ask the dealer to do it before i pick up but worried i may regret it...has anyone got any pics of their stepway with it took off?

Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I phoned my dealer yesterday to find out the progress of my car and I was told that it was on the back of a transporter truck (if that's what you call it!!!) and will arrive at Renault Bolton by the end of next week! I should recieve it on the 1st of September!!! My current car's MOT runs out on 29th of this month, so I need my new car ASAP after this date!

After reading lots of comments on this forum I have a few questions. Will my car's maps/Media NAV be updated already, or will I have to do that myself? What are the first things that I should buy for my new Cinder Red Car?

Getting excited now.

Andy
I took a 'finger print' of my MediaNav and put it onto the 'Tool Box' and it told me there was a up-date for it, although the dealer said it would have been done at the import centre PDI, it obviously wasn't !! ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the help. I will have a look at daves blog and will have a go at updating my NAV when i get it.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Thank you for the help. I will have a look at daves blog and will have a go at updating my NAV when i get it.
The handbook says at least a 4GB empty memory stick. I used 8GB as some owners appeared to have trouble with 4GB ones. Bought it from eBay for approx £4.00, no trouble in downloading to it !! ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Had our Stepway stickers took off before we got the car , but it's easy to take them off yourself just need a hair dryer and a cloth to polish after :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
Had my RGM RBP752 rear bumper protector delivered about 45mins ago ..now fitted and it looks good..colour of plastics are a good match..can recommend this to other Steepy owners.. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts