UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as I mentioned in my other posts, I had my car booked in with my friend Dan at Serious Detailing.

Now normally I like to wash my cars myself but I haven't had the time of late and the Duster is a big old beasty so I thought I'd let someone else enjoy it's first proper detail.

The car has been washed, de-contaminated, clayed, polished and sealant applied. All this means is that all I have to do is wash the car and top up the sealant until next spring. Here's some pictures...

103_zpsd49205e8.jpg

102_zps56825b16.jpg

101_zpsf2cd3031.jpg

110_zps3c66075a.jpg

111_zps3e29c77c.jpg

109_zpsffe1389b.jpg

Wheels have been sealed too.

106_zpsf5de8aea.jpg

And whilst we're looking, I replaced some of the interior bulbs and side lights with LEDs.

107_zps2a48c6df.jpg

108_zps76c57619.jpg

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well as I mentioned in my other posts, I had my car booked in with my friend Dan at Serious Detailing.

Now normally I like to wash my cars myself but I haven't had the time of late and the Duster is a big old beasty so I thought I'd let someone else enjoy it's first proper detail.

The car has been washed, de-contaminated, clayed, polished and sealant applied. All this means is that all I have to do is wash the car and top up the sealant until next spring. Here's some pictures...

103_zpsd49205e8.jpg

102_zps56825b16.jpg

101_zpsf2cd3031.jpg

110_zps3c66075a.jpg

111_zps3e29c77c.jpg

109_zpsffe1389b.jpg

Wheels have been sealed too.

106_zpsf5de8aea.jpg

And whilst we're looking, I replaced some of the interior bulbs and side lights with LEDs.

107_zps2a48c6df.jpg

108_zps76c57619.jpg
Looks fab Alex 225. :) :)

If not to forward, how much did it cost for that full treatment.

billyblue. :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Well Alex, I have to admit your Duster looks just great. I never knew a white one could look so good.

Post away (with pictures) to your heart's content Mariana Blue owners - you can't get to me any more! :p .

(BTW Alex - quite like the plate)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Well Alex, I have to admit your Duster looks just great. I never knew a white one could look so good.

Post away to your heart's content Mariana Blue owners - you can't get to me any more! :p .
Hah! you just wait till I give Haggis a wash!

Reactions: arob.wk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It cost me £100 all which was actually £50 off as mates rates. Considering what's been done it's an absolutely bargain. Dan has his own range of Serious Detailing products which he has supplied from labs that produce some better known brands such as Dodo Juice, Auto Finesse etc but sold a lot cheaper.

(BTW Alex - quite like the plate)
That's the original number plate at the moment mate. :)

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
My Duster got neglected today - i spent most of the day cleaning & polishing my TR7 ready for a local Classic Car show tomorrow:

DSCF4491_zps70ed77f7.jpg
[/URL]

DSCF4493_zpsaffbeebd.jpg
[/URL]

DSCF4494_zps76f35ae1.jpg
[/URL]

Graham

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'll let you off on the Duster mate, that TR7 deserves the love!! Lovely car you got there mate.

If anyone is interested, the products used on my car are available here : http://www.store.seriousdetailing.com
Interesting web site, not sure I'd go to those lengths or cost but the Duster looks fab.

Not being critical, hopefully helpful, but the web site has a few errors, such as a font change, spacing missing, typos. Also the flashy graphic shows one picture of a sample pack but I couldn't see any other mention of it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll mention the feedback to Dan who's my mate there.

Funnily enough in terms of costs the Serious Detailing gear is quite a bit cheaper than some of the bug detailing brands. Can spend fortunes on detailing products, I know I have haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting web site, not sure I'd go to those lengths or cost but the Duster looks fab.

Not being critical, hopefully helpful, but the web site has a few errors, such as a font change, spacing missing, typos. Also the flashy graphic shows one picture of a sample pack but I couldn't see any other mention of it.
Thanks for the feed back Alex.

Also Regarding the sample packs their temporarily out of stock it is something we're working on over next week or 2

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like the part where you give the car to someone else and it gets cleaned, but the products are significantly cheaper.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The products themselves are cheaper then many equivalent products.

On this occasion I chose to let a trusted detailer to do the job for me.

I'll put my hands up to owning hundreds of pounds worth of detailing products ranging in price and from what I've seen of Serious Detailing's actual products they compare with the more expensive brands in terms of quality. This is from using them on my other cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts