UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to help a friend to order a duster online and find that you cannot order a duster access 4x4 online, only option is to send order to a dealer who will be in touch in 24hrs.

We then tried a sandaro order and found that you can order this online.

So has dacia stopped online ordering of certain model dusters ?

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just tried to order a diesel duster all models and spec are not available to order online ?

So what's happened, any answers dacia ?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Unicoder ... just speculating here, but I think that the online ordering for Dusters was the only way to get a foot in the door during the build-up period to the actual UK Launch. I ordered my Duster at the end of September after being advised by my dealer that to get the ball rolling I needed to complete a pre-ordering form online at the Dacia website and also lodge a £100 'good-faith' refundable deposit electronically. Part of the online ordering process required me to identify a dealer in my area. After that, and having received my order acknowledgement from Dacia, the whole ordering process was meant to be progressed through the dealer. The dealer was required at some point before January 2013 to confirm to Dacia that the customer was definitely proceeding to purchase their Duster. However, once the pre-launch period was over I think the Dacia website stopped providing the initial step of ordering online and just referred interested people straight to a local dealer. It all seems to be part of the mystery of buying from Dacia

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just been in touch with customer services and they acknowledge the duster ordering system is down, they didn't know why.

So is it dealer only orders for duster from now on ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
You could try Arnold Clark in Huddersfield, I'm still waiting for mine but have been happy with the info Ian has kept giving me.

There again i'm not desparate for it so am happy waiting. But i'll be onto him again soon. his day off is Thursday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Unicoder

ordered my duster on line last friday ( 5th ) , all seemed ok, dacia took the deposit from the bank yesterday,

does any body know what happens next, do i contact the dealer i choose, or should i wait for them to contact me ??

but good luck and keep trying might just be a glitch in there system,

Decided to order on line, as local dealer to me didnt seem very helpful, didnt even come into work, on the day i had booked a test drive with him

so changed dealers.

·
Registered
324 Posts
When I ordered mine, the dealer was ojn the phone the following day!!!

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems as though dacia have stopped online duster orders, your request is now passed to the dealer, no deposit taken online.

Could be a few reasons,

Too many orders, backlog.

Too many cancelations, many dealers won't give back deposits, be careful !

May be a problem with dusters in the import centre , brake issue may take longer time to fix, they may be waiting on parts !

Until dacia give a reply its all only here say !!

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could try Arnold Clark in Huddersfield, I'm still waiting for mine but have been happy with the info Ian has kept giving me.
There again i'm not desparate for it so am happy waiting. But i'll be onto him again soon. his day off is Thursday.
Hi Paul, I've taken your advice and visited Arnold clarks today, spoke to Ian and re-ordered my 4x4 access duster.

The whole experience was 100% better than the previous dealer, excellent info from Ian, I was impressed.

Now just the wait until it arrives, they do have some other dusters available for almost immediate delivery !!

Thanks Paul.

Reactions: paul.m

·
Registered
560 Posts
Unicoder I ordered elsewhere then lost confidence in the dealer and re-ordered with Ian. As you say it was a much better, more professional experience. Of course the proof of the Yorkshire Pudding.............

See what he has to say when I ring him or call in next week for an update ;-)

Reactions: Unicoder

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just shows you the difference in quality of service from one dealer to another. :)

Another strange thing ! Ian seems to be able to magic up a few dusters from thin air, i could have had choice of 2 dusters silver, white ambiance models with delivery dates in weeks not months. Dont know how he does it ,but he is definately on the ball !!

Reactions: paul.m
1 - 12 of 12 Posts