UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grand Scenic is dead so new car needed ASAP

Access wait far to long so white Ambiance on order.

7 year warranty and 5 years servicing added along with a spare tyre.

No delivery date yet but 15 October was mentioned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think the £800 (although I ordered when mine when it was only £600) ambiance over access is money well spent, I really wouldn't want to go back to no central locking and have to take the door cards off to fit speakers and stereo and the black bumpers aren't as attractive as colour coded ones (and I went for white as well)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the price had gone up as well but was only billed £6595 today.

£733 for a 5 year pre pay service plan. I thought that was quite good for a main stealer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Good news about price and servicing seems a good deal, but I didn't look at it as I work in parts and can get servicing done at mates rates

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I personaly dont use main dealers due to their high rates - £733 sounds a lot to me when two of the servicing will be intermediate (basicly just a oil change) Ithink I must have saved a fortune over the years using my local garage

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn't find one in stock? Because there are some, somewhere. :lol: That would mean almost immediate delivery, if you find one, that is.
Not in white. There are loads of top of the range coloured ones clogging up dealers but a wait for the sensible priced models.

The dealer service package was just a whim. Paid cash up front so have 5 years of trouble and almost cost free motoring for the wife :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
382 Posts
I couldn't justify 500 quid for metallic paint so white for me as well

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldn't justify 500 quid for metallic paint so white for me as well
Exactly the same here. A colour one was about 4 weeks quicker so about £100 a week in my mind.

White is quite a fashionable colour at the moment so should not kill resale value too much

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I get a phone call today to say that October may well be November.

Not a happy bunny but to rub salt in to the wound was the comment." There are colours in the pipe line if you would like to pay the extra"

Never any access stock and slow white stock. Why introduce a cheap car and then be not able to supply them. Every dealer has plenty of launderette models with rusty brake discs but can not supply the ones people actually want.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Dealers are so thick somet- most of the time' oh ok let me give you £500 to get my car that you can't seem to deliver- fingers crossed they come good in november

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think most buyers of the ambiance (the best value model) can't justify 500 that's why the coloured ones are available but white ones can't be made fast enough

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think most buyers of the ambiance (the best value model) can't justify 500 that's why the coloured ones are available but white ones can't be made fast enough

Would you just not make more white ones rather than over produce others?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sorry nobbi' that's a total non starter as it involves logic
And we all know that Renault / DACIA HQ has a complete logic failure with this marque! After all, it was only paraded (or parodied!?) on Top Gear for a whole series....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The date of my post was the 15 August so why when I rang the dealer to get a delivery date on Saturday did he express surprise at me being peed off at the wait. Well you did not order till the 5th September so it is not a long wait he tells me.

Delivery date for end of November now, not that they rang to tell me as promised, I had to chase them. Are all main stealers this useless?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
The date of my post was the 15 August so why when I rang the dealer to get a delivery date on Saturday did he express surprise at me being peed off at the wait. Well you did not order till the 5th September so it is not a long wait he tells me.

Delivery date for end of November now, not that they rang to tell me as promised, I had to chase them. Are all main stealers this useless?

Heh nobbi' - why dealer say you no order until 5 Sep when you said you'd already ordered in your 15 Aug post? Whatever - end-Nov will come quick enough cos you have all those Xmas prep's to think about and the next thing you'll know is that the dealer will be badgering you to clear your new car off their forecourt to make room for the batch of Xmas-stocking filler orders.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heh nobbi' - why dealer say you no order until 5 Sep when you said you'd already ordered in your 15 Aug post? Whatever - end-Nov will come quick enough cos you have all those Xmas prep's to think about and the next thing you'll know is that the dealer will be badgering you to clear your new car off their forecourt
I am guessing they were to stupid / lazy to order the car when I paid the deposit. 5 sept was 4 days after they tried to con me in to paying more for a colour car that was in the pipe line already.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
My advice to anyone collecting a car late November/ December is to hang on to January= then you will have a 2014 63 plate which down the line will be worth more then a 2013 model. And Nobbi mate this dosn't bode well for the future' what sort of after sales are you expecting if their treating you like this now/ are they saying your a liar over the date you placed your order

1 - 20 of 21 Posts