UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, have not thought this fully through yet so not sure if it is a viable option (postage etc) but just throwing it out there.

I have bought a Kenwood single din stereo to replace my double din Duster radio.

So are there any access owners that want to do a deal on this radio and send me their single din facia with compartment plus a few quid.

My only fear is that postage might scupper the deal as I'm guessing it would be a bit on the heavy side for postage costs.

I'll get a pic up as soon as I can.

Also can anyone let me know the easy way to remove this. I can't see and obvious ways to release it so any hints or tips would be great.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any one wanting a spare wheel I will sell the wheels and tyres from my access individually for the cost of a tyre should get the car in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
431 Posts
Would love to take you up on your offer but fear that to get it over here to me in Ireland would prove too expensive.

Just a heads up, you'd probably be better off starting your own thread as you'll get better coverage but I'd imagine you will get rid of these easy enough.

See "Start New Topic" button on the top right hand side in the Buy and Sell forum area.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks for the reply Bigmally, Not sure it is as simple as that though as I have no compartments showing at all. :(

However I have not had a proper chance to look at it as the Wife always seems to be off somewhere in it or else it is me chauffeuring the Kids. But I'll probably be able to get a look today at some stage and see if I can figure it out.

Reckon I may need to remove the Silver frame first than see from there. Maybe slightly different from the Access now that I think of it. Must try and locate the picks of forum member installing their single din radio and compare.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the UK/Ireland ones seem to be different all right. A pity as I do like those.

Anyway I popped out to the car and had a quick root.

As I figured you need to pry off the Silver surround. Came off fairly easily but just need to be careful. I grabbed it at both bottom corners and it comes out with a small bit of bending and force. Just be care though as they are just plastic anchors on the Silver surround and look like they may break easily enough. Then I will need to pry off the Black surround which seems a bit more anchored. 1 clip anchor at each side 2. I undid those easily enough with my keys and I reckon there are 2 at the top also but did not do those as the key did not fit in. Reckon a screw drive or a strong narrow knife blade may work there. And at the bottom are 2 long anchors more like hinges but not connected. These actually came out with a bit of bending and play but I reckon these should be the last to come out and first to go in. Left it at that as I have a fair idea what I'm doing now but fear that the Single Din with compartment from an Access may not be a visually snug fit. May have to rethink and get an after market Double din to fit exactly in there.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yes, the UK/Ireland ones seem to be different all right. A pity as I do like those.

Anyway I popped out to the car and had a quick root.

As I figured you need to pry off the Silver surround. Came off fairly easily but just need to be careful. I grabbed it at both bottom corners and it comes out with a small bit of bending and force. Just be care though as they are just plastic anchors on the Silver surround and look like they may break easily enough. Then I will need to pry off the Black surround which seems a bit more anchored. 1 clip anchor at each side 2. I undid those easily enough with my keys and I reckon there are 2 at the top also but did not do those as the key did not fit in. Reckon a screw drive or a strong narrow knife blade may work there. And at the bottom are 2 long anchors more like hinges but not connected. These actually came out with a bit of bending and play but I reckon these should be the last to come out and first to go in. Left it at that as I have a fair idea what I'm doing now but fear that the Single Din with compartment from an Access may not be a visually snug fit. May have to rethink and get an after market Double din to fit exactly in there.
just a little question IWC......why are you swapping out the original unit?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To be honest I don't think the sound is the best. Not a major audiophile but I do like my sounds. The other half thinks its fine but I rather something crisper, clearer, rounder and with dept. The only thing I'm not into is too much bass.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
theres no tweeters in the duster you will prob need a speaker upgrade too for a less "sock in it" sound. must admit im gonna miss the "auditorium" sound in my laguna aswell :-(

To be honest I don't think the sound is the best. Not a major audiophile but I do like my sounds. The other half thinks its fine but I rather something crisper, clearer, rounder and with dept. The only thing I'm not into is too much bass.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Any one wanting a spare wheel I will sell the wheels and tyres from my access individually for the cost of a tyre should get the car in a couple of weeks
Found your post a bit randomly while searching radio's -- has anyone taken you up on any of these, and why are you selling the wheels?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts