UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone has seen this kit yet but if you haven't got a DRL kit fitted but want some then these might be ideal the LED's are built into the fog lamp and Osram give a 5 year warranty on them too.

They are a direct replacement for the existing fogs and unlike the Duster DRL kit where you have to cut the grill etc these just slot straight in and give you the best of both worlds and have gone on my shopping list.

Amazon are selling them for £269 but you could probably get them for less elsewhere

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OSRAM-LEDriving-Fog-DRL-Kit/dp/B00EE4ETN2

Product Gadget Audio equipment Font Auto part

Automotive lighting Black Rectangle Motor vehicle Font

Helmet Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Headlamp

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/products/lamps/automotive-lamps/automotive-cars/led/ledriving-fog/index.jsp?productId=ZMP_1072187

Attachments

Reactions: antavi

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I have been looking at something like this over the past week on eBay. There are some DRLs with a Valeo part number equivalent to a Duster's fog light. Only DRLs and not combined with a fog light in the same assembly though ...... I have hardly ever used fogs In all my years driving so they may be an option. At £45 plus a few ££ for a DRL module it's looking like an attractive option, bit more research on my part I think

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just like the idea of the combined unit and it looks quite funky too. I have seen another one with LEDs that go all the way around the Fog light but not as well made as these Osram ones.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I like the look of those two huge spots on that Duster. Anyone know the price of them? I know you can buy the mounting bar from www.LZPARTS.DE but what about the two lamps????

Anyone know of a company in the UK doing such as CIBIE mounts and decent spotlamps too????? Its not going to be easy to do as there is just plastic on the front of the Duster and those Cibie lamps must weigh a few pounds. Plus if you use the LZPARTS mounting bar you have to take off the entire front of the Duster to do it. I was going to add a Renault chrome grille on the front till i found out about the removal of the entire front. Is there anyone out there doing such as removal fo the front and fitting spots or the grille etc???? Please reply with their locations etc....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have bought a set of these and after reading the instructions I have some questions.

The blue wire goes to terminal 15 or Ignition +. Is the fuse in the internal (nearside side of dashboard) or external (nearside of engine compartment), and which fuse is it?

Note that when I was searching through articles on this, it appears that only the DRL and Fog light functions are legal here. Therefore the green and grey wires are not to be connected up to the indicators.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone found the location for the blue wire ( in The Green Man's post re, Osram ledriving / fog ) in the Duster ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
After some research I have good news ! The UK Dusters do not have DRLs fitted BUT the wiring harness for these is already in-built, together with the appropriate fuse which is number 17 ( listed on page 5.32 of the Driver's handbook).

The electrical ( ignition switched live ) is to the WHITE wire(s) attached to the block connector(s) of the headlamp/ direction indicator/ sidelights.

The live feed to these occurs when the ignition is turned ON and remains so until either: other head/side lamps are switched ON or the engine is turned OFF. Use of the direction indicator lamps/ hazard warning doesn't cause the DRLs to switch off.

I am using the Osram ledriving 101 units and there is no need to connect the white wire of this kit to anything, only the blue wire is connected to the WHITE wire of the block connector mentioned earlier, There is ample space in the engine compartment fuse/relay box for the Osram control unit and a live 12v feed directly from the car battery is already in there too.

Quite clearly ANY after-market DRL could make use of the system without additional relays etc.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
After some research I have good news ! The UK Dusters do not have DRLs fitted BUT the wiring harness for these is already in-built, together with the appropriate fuse which is number 17 ( listed on page 5.32 of the Driver's handbook).

The electrical ( ignition switched live ) is to the WHITE wire(s) attached to the block connector(s) of the headlamp/ direction indicator/ sidelights.

The live feed to these occurs when the ignition is turned ON and remains so until either: other head/side lamps are switched ON or the engine is turned OFF. Use of the direction indicator lamps/ hazard warning doesn't cause the DRLs to switch off.

I am using the Osram ledriving 101 units and there is no need to connect the white wire of this kit to anything, only the blue wire is connected to the WHITE wire of the block connector mentioned earlier, There is ample space in the engine compartment fuse/relay box for the Osram control unit and a live 12v feed directly from the car battery is already in there too.

Quite clearly ANY after-market DRL could make use of the system without additional relays etc.
Well spotted :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
This past Saturday was spent getting the Osram DRls situated - I also had a 20" light bar fitted inconspicuously for when I need the full blast power of these :)

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Now £160.24 on Amazon

·
Registered
60 Posts

Thanks Bjet, I have three white cables going into the back of the headlight do you need to tap into this or what? Any photos or wiring diagram?

·
Registered
60 Posts
DRL's are fitted as standard onto Spanish Dusters they are part of the headlight cluster at the top which is probably why all the wiring is there

·
Registered
988 Posts

The foglights connector is a standard H11, Did you cut the plug off or use an adapter?

Having tested the wiring block there are two white wires going into the switch live (DRL), DOes it matter which is used?

I

·
Registered
988 Posts
As an update, to use this kit you will need to either re-wire the foglight power plug from the car to H11 or the foglight plugs to H8 or buy an adapter.

If you connect the BROWN wire to the + (POSITIVE) feed you will get the dimming feature with the dipped beams on. Wiring as per the instructions with the brown to - (or ground) will not give you that feature.

·
Registered
163 Posts
As an update, to use this kit you will need to either re-wire the foglight power plug from the car to H11 or the foglight plugs to H8 or buy an adapter.
From digging about on the net most adaptors / plugs look identical to each other (h8 and h11) ? Or is it a gender converter ( eg male plug to male plug)

Do these lights fit the phase 2 duster as they look to be a better option to chopping into the honeycomb grill

1 - 20 of 26 Posts