UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was waiting for Nick to add this, but seeing as I'm bedded down with man- flu and nothing else to do......
My 86 MR2 Mk1 a

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I've got two cars:

Mondeo ST220 - this is my daily workhorse.

IMGP0004.jpg

And my trackday toy, a 1990 MR2 Turbo, which is currently undergoing a heart transplant. I've removed the old 2.0 turbo, and have fitted a 3.5 V6 (2GR-FE engine, same as what's fitted to the Lotus Evora). Mechanics are probably 95% complete, just needs wiring and exhaust fabrication.

20120908_121041.jpg

P1020271.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was my Mk2 it went to the big scrap heap in the sky, a year later it was in Banzai magazine!!?

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lovely fleet Peter. That pick up must be very rare.

Did you watch Wheeler Dealers on Tuesday evening. The boys did a green woody. Pretty much rebuilt the whole thing including new ash frame.

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Pickup has a 1300 engine, disc brakes, alternator, halogen head lights and a heated windscreen. Nice nippy classic. The down side was I had it totally stripped and re-built with new old stock parts and a new chassis fabricated so it cost quite a lot more than my Duster! :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well I like Renault, especially RenaultSport models so these are my cars other than the Dacia me and the Mrs will be sharing.

This is my Megane 225, owned it from new and is for summer use only.

MeganeBNB8.jpg

This is my Twingo 133 Gordini, bought in 2010 and only gets used at weekends.

3.jpg

and lastly is my Clio 172, bought from a friend last as a complete bargain I couldn't resist. Use this one pretty much daily.

Clio2.jpg

Oh and this is my Mrs Twingo 133 (she copied me) which she is selling to buy the Duster.

7.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick pic of my old pride and joy when I lived in Germany , the original Clio172 (mk1 with all the torque steer!) bought from new, and kept for 6 years....came back here with me but only for 6 months then went back to the fatherland as a track car..had quite a few mods ESP engine and a much needed K-Tec LSD!

Attachments

Reactions: Alex_225

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Well, I hate to say it, but I haven't bought a Duster, despite thinking about it for months. Ultimately, it can't tow enough for me. I've a trackday car, which I want to trailer to events. After looking around for ages at the different types of trailers, and doing all the maths, I'd be over the legal limit. That, and I've never wanted to own a brand new car (new-owner depreciation scares me too much, which you'll see why in a moment), and I also couldn't really afford the top-spec Duster with aircon etc.

So, I've replaced my current Mondeo, with another Mondeo! They have been great cars for me, so may as well stick with what I know and trust. I've now got a 2011 Mondeo Titanium X Sport, 2.0 turbo petrol, 240bhp, with dual-clutch automatic gearbox. Every option ticked apart from satnav and sunroof. Brand new in 2011 this car cost someone £31k. 18 months, and 15k miles later, I'm the new owner, and paid £14k for it. Bit of a steal I reckon :) It can also tow double what the Duster can, due to the fact it's a big old bus (much bigger than a Mk3 Mondeo) and the more powerful engine that is fitted.

mondeo1.JPG

mondeo2.JPG

mondeo3.JPG

mondeotitxsport.jpg

Don't worry, it doesn't mean I'm going anywhere or leaving / closing the site etc. To the contrary, I'm going to wait a couple of years, let some depreciation take place and then pick one up as a winter hack. Probably just a 4x4 Access, as won't need aircon in the winter! I'll still be here daily :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I'll probably regret it come next winter and I'm snowed in again, but hey :D

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
i'm intrigued though....any photos of the track day car...?

Like the re-arranged site by the way :)
There's more to come, slowly!

There's a photo of it on page 1 of this topic :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts