UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Dacia duster ambiance dc1
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi wonder if anyone can help me? I bought a duster ambiance (2014) Two months ago from a garage,I had a spillage under it on Monday as it was parked up while shopping,drove it home,steering was very stiff.took it my garage and they said there’s a leak in your steering fluid.when they showed me where the outlet pipe is coming from the fuel reservoir it’s actually touching the radiator and the fan and you can see that’s where the damage has occurred.its now going to be off road for 5-10 days while the garage send to Renault in France for a pipe cos none of the suppliers here have got one.I rang the garage I bought it from but they said they doubt the warranty company will pay out cos it’s wear and tear,but my garage said it shouldn’t have been where it is they thought the pipe should be routed behind( as I’ve drawn in the photo) Does anyone know if the pipe should be in a different place? I’ve tried googling pics of it but none of the pics I can see show the pipe where the radiator is so I don’t know if it’s standard for the pipe to be touching the radiator and fan
Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
285 Posts
You must be having the Phase 1 Duster. I have Ph 2 & my steering fluid pipe is properly located. Cover it w/ additional sleeving & use nylon tie wraps to space it if required. Here's 2 pics w & w/o camera flash. I kept a torch on.
Check the coolant hoses also. They tend to get chaffed. Be careful of the hard plastic air hose which is returning from the intercooler to the throttle. That can crack if mishandled.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,334 Posts
It certainly looks incorrectly positioned. I believe your car is non a/c so you need some one with a similar car as I believe the radiator and housing is different in an a/c car. It obviously has a condenser but also a fan shroud which yours does not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts