UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to find a decent black trim cleaner. Useing Triplewax at the moment and it's useless. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
198 Posts
I use a simple plastic trim cleaner that I bought from the motoring section of our local supermarket. They're available in matt and gloss, interior and exterior, but I'm guessing you know this and tried it already?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a simple plastic trim cleaner that I bought from the motoring section of our local supermarket. They're available in matt and gloss, interior and exterior, but I'm guessing you know this and tried it already?
[/QUOTE
The problem really is the wax polish that marks the plastic, can't get it off. Tried Wilko's bumper cleaner which is actually better than the Triplewax. When I think about it a solvent will clean it up then apply a cleaner.
What supermarket have you got?

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
198 Posts
Sorry MickeyG, I'm in France. Have you tried methylated sprits, or something like turps (or white spirit, cheaper) to remove the wax polish?
I would think Halfords would do a plastic trim cleaner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WD40 is great for black exterior ,great shine and easy to apply with a cloth
OK thanks, I shall give that a go. The new Stepway and the plastic seem's harder to clean compared with the previous model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts