UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor baby Gollum was hit yesterday by a lady reversing her husbands 5 series BMW estate out from a side road. :( :angry:

Fortunately I saw it was going to happen, and stopped, but she kept on coming, and hit the wing not down the full side, thankfully. It has dented the wheel arch and hit the wheel trim and scraped the paintwork. She has admitted full liability, although later announced that her insurance is fully comp for a different car.... and she was driving her husbands. As far as I am concerned that means she should be either named on his policy or 3rd Party on her own to drive his car. If not, then I can see the Police getting involved..... My insurers will make those enquiries on Tuesday.

The really annoying thing is that Gollum will now need repairs, and paintwork, and being 'stone' (beige metallic) I can see all sorts of problems getting a perfect colour match! :unsure: I will also have to get the wheel and steering rack checked, as there has already been a pre-delivery issue with the power-steering, which led to an extra 10 week delay in Sunderland. Not sure if the impact on the wheel has caused unseen damage behind, and not prepared to risk it. I have had him exactly 2 months, and done less than 1000 miles. She had a bit of a scrape on the bumper and wing, mainly from where it hit my wheel.

I asked her if she had reversing sensors, and she replied "Yes. They went Beep Beep Beep, then there was a bang!" ...........Doh!

My Grandson was not amused - "Nana your car went Bump?!" But he did recreate the crash later on using a Hovercraft and Fire Engine... :huh: ?

Will now get to see how good Roxby Garage in Warsash are, and hope they can do the job quickly.

I am NOT going back to SEWARDS Renault / DACIA, Bilton Way, Portsmouth, ever again. The WORST Customer Service and After-Sales Company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with! :ph34r:

Attachments

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Bugger!

Let your insurance deal with all repairs that's what they are paid for ;)

One less stress for you and at least no one has been hurt. Chin up he will be shiny like new again before you know it!

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
oh no :-(
the stupid woman! i really hope you get it sorted...and as you say, if need be involve the police...
there is no excuse for lack of insurance ..
good luck with it all
DM xxxx

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm currently awaiting the parts for mine (see forum avatar). But the damage on yours looks like it could be panel-beaten out. so you may not be waiting for parts, which would be very good news.

Regardless... You shouldn't have a problem with insurance.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the kind words, Guys. I know it will get sorted, but it's a bloody nuisance! All I want is to be left alone, in my average home.....with my cat, my car and my motorbikes.

This will be a good test for the new insurers - Chaucer Direct - who have advised keeping all receipts, etc, to ensure I don't end up paying even for a temp resident parking permit if I get a loan car. They seem on the ball so far.....

The crease is worse on the inside lip, where the seam appears to have been split... Not sure that can be pushed back, and welded without being visible. Fingers crossed, though!

GarildoHawg - Any news on the timescale for the bonnet? Will it be pre-sprayed from the factory to get a better matched finish / colour? Have the parents given you their house liability insurance details yet?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Gotta admit the crease doesn't look too bad on the outside, hopefully they'll be able to work with it. I'll cross my fingers for you as well! Good that the insurance are on the ball too, they can be so useless sometimes.

No idea on the timescale for the bonnet and bumper for mine. They've told me the parts are on back-order, which is the same thing they told me for the window issue when it arrived in the country, that delayed it a month!

The insurance have gone quiet, so I think they are just taking the hit. I've not had to pay a thing yet, so I'll play it by ear for now.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
It's the worst feeling in the world when you know some moron is going to hit and damage your pride and joy and there's nothing you can do to stop it' make sure you report it to the police- the unjust part is that it will effect your ncd

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Commiserations! There are far too many dozey nit-wits out there. (Just "nit-wits"!? - I've decided not to chase the elusive warning point.) Hope all gets sorted soon :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's the worst feeling in the world when you know some moron is going to hit and damage your pride and joy and there's nothing you can do to stop it' make sure you report it to the police- the unjust part is that it will effect your ncd
It had bloody well better not! The reason I left the last insurers is because they kept hiking the prices, despite no accidents and years of NCD. If this puts the price up, then I shall be off again....

Expecting a call today to tell me the repairs will be fully covered by her / her husbands insurance, and that I can have a loan car while Gollum is absent.... I can't very well take my 3.5 year old grandson out on the back of the motorbike! While driving along yesterday, we pulled up at traffic lights, and a voice from the back seat said "Nana. Are we going to crash today?! " Little Mr Doom!

Reactions: min200

·
Registered
535 Posts
I can't very well take my 3.5 year old grandson out on the back of the motorbike! While driving along yesterday, we pulled up at traffic lights, and a voice from the back seat said "Nana. Are we going to crash today?! " Little Mr Doom!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Take him to ride the bumper cars. That should fulfill his crashing wishes. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
very sorry for ur misfortune jodo

dacia is very well build and pretty solid

but it looks like she hit your wheel quite nasty

make sure that they check very very well all the links and the wheel alignment

and i suggest to u that they check the other side too

cause the wheel got the hit and it is transmitted to the other side as well trust me

i hope that wont be the case thou :rolleyes:

the aesthetic parts are not that important they will get sorted

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
very sorry for ur misfortune jodo

dacia is very well build and pretty solid

but it looks like she hit your wheel quite nasty

make sure that they check very very well all the links and the wheel alignment

and i suggest to u that they check the other side too

cause the wheel got the hit and it is transmitted to the other side as well trust me

i hope that wont be the case thou :rolleyes:

the aesthetic parts are not that important they will get sorted
My thoughts exactly, Antavi - I am going down to the repairers shortly where they will do exactly that! We are expecting delays for the part - New wing needed as they would have had to use filler to help smooth the creases / restore the body panel lines, and being a new car, I have said no way!

Having had the power steering failure pre-delivery, I am not taking any chances! Only 1000 mile on the clock, and needing repair..... Not a good feeling!

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, the update is the steering is all checked out and fine. I have now had a confirmation from the body-shop (A&J Lawrence, Portsmouth) that the new wing and parts are actually in! So Gollum will be having a little holiday from Tuesday 10th for about 4 - 5 days, while he is made better. Fingers crossed they will match the paint perfectly as it should not have had any chance to fade from the production line recipe.

I was told I would be given a Ford Ka or Daewoo Matiz as a loan car, and got straight onto the other party insurers, who have upped that to a Honda Jazz or equivalent, as the Sandero might only be a 0.9 turbo, but it can (and has to) carry 4 adults and my Grandson in a child seat! No way would we have all squeezed into a Ka........ and we would have needed a trailer for the Matiz! :p :ph34r:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HOORAH! Gollum is back and all sorted. :D :wub:

It took two replacement wings - The first arrived with a dent already in place! The paint is a really good match, and the finish is almost identical to the original - Just the lacquer is a bit thicker. I don't mind that though - Gives more protection! They sprayed the lacquer across the driver door as well to ensure it all blended in. Can't fault the service of A&J Lawrence, Portsmouth! Have now got clear rubber door guard stuck on (from ASDA!) to protect the edges..... Am considering the actual side panel trims as well although think it looks nicer without!

***Am actually going to take one of the motorbikes in to see how much to pull / repair a small dent (there when I bought it!) and respray the tank and panels, they were that good! Being a very rare import, I want it done properly - if I'm going to do it! It's so much fun to ride, I loathe to having it off the road....... and the other one is about to undergo a carb rebuild (by me) when all the parts arrive!

Reactions: min200
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.