UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the colour code for the alpine white. first time I've washed my car today was really enjoying it until I found a chip on the edge of the door, only had the car 7 days and I really think it must of been like that when I had it. I may give the dealer a ring in the morning but I bet they won't sort it now. It's only a small one but its down to the metal so don't now ever to get a touch up pen.

·
Registered
268 Posts
According to the UK brochure, the code for Alpine White is QM1.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yep, I had a stone chip, ordered paint kit from www.paints4u.com and it's a good kit with cleaner, paint, lacquer, polish, pointed applicators and a cloth. Only problem is I didn't realise the polish supplied was rubbing away the surrounding area so now I've got a grey circle round the filled scratch! Have now ordered an aerosol to blow it over!

·
Registered
308 Posts
ok thanks but I don't think that is the one I need think it has to be numbers so they can match the colour
That is the code, it's on the door pillar and thats the code I ordered and it matches!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks topofall, was it a really good match then I've never had much luck in the past getting a good match, just took a pic do you think that a pen from paints4u wide be my best bet

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the kit I bought - http://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=6912 seems a pretty good match (except for my over zealous rubbing). Couldn't see a touch up pen on the web site but I think your 'nick' on that edge the kit would be good for doing a reasonable job.
I've ordered one, well not the full kit just theTouchup Paint & Clear Lacquer kit for £8.99. it didn't find QM1 in the colour code but gave them my number plate and explained what it was for so they should find it. So thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts