UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Well, the Gen 3 hasn't made much difference to the fact my car has a dent in it (day 1!! & definitely not caused since I drove it the 2 miles home)....Or the fact that its covered in road debris....I'm cynical as to whether anything has actually been applied to the bodywork at all
could a similar situation to mine where pure guard was put on the wrong car somehow when it went for a courtesy check 2 days after I bought it.
It's possibly been applied to a similar car to your by mistake, like Nessi said if it doesn't bobble on the paintwork it's not on there, you could also try finger splashing water onto the seats, it should run off like it's on a ducks back.
The dealer should sort the dint out, I had one in a Citroen c4 after I drove it home a few years back the wife noticed, I contacted them and they sent a guy round the Monday morning who sorted it in an hour or so... He spent more time putting a gazebo up over my car than he did fixing it... Probably so I couldn't see his trade secrets, or because it was pelting it down.
Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll stick with a weekly foam and wash, monthly coat of Maguires tech wax and a yearly clay and polish. I've never been convinced anything can be applied once and last indefinitely. Scotchgard from Amazon for the interior then a set of decent covers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll stick with a weekly foam and wash, monthly coat of Maguires tech wax and a yearly clay and polish. I've never been convinced anything can be applied once and last indefinitely. Scotchgard from Amazon for the interior then a set of decent covers.
Gen3 is a ceramic glasscoat, not a wax, that's why it has a 5 years guarantee. Preperation is very important and takes 24 hours to cure, like an epoxy.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,076 Posts
Gen3 is a ceramic glasscoat, not a wax, that's why it has a 5 years guarantee. Preperation is very important and takes 24 hours to cure, like an epoxy.
My G3 Glasscoat is coming up to 6 years old and the car still shines as it did on delivery. I never pressure wash it though, only plenty of Aldi Carnuba car wash applied with a micro fibre mitt, washing from top to bottom then dried with another mitt !
wink.png

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have some Diamondbrite shampoo and conserve left over that I would like to use on my '64 plate Duster. I'm not sure what has been put on it in the past but it doesn't look like much had been done.

Does anyone know if there's any harm in using my DB stuff for now?

I read this in another forum " So use up what products you have already and then decide, like so many, to perform a full detail using corrective polishes and protective coatings that will actually last."

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.