UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
scratches very easily , I've had it back to the dealers several times for the circular scratches in the paint work, they have repolished it several times but washing it just's shows up the defects again

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've yet pick up my Stepway so not sure about the paint quality or whether it's particularly soft or not. However some manufacturers paint is soft. If your washing with a traditional sponge and drying with a chammy leather this can cause circular marring which is usually visible under bright light. The solution is to use a lambswool or microfibre mitt and microfibre towel. Unfortunately only machine polishing if done properly will rectify this (if done badly can make it worse).

Synthetic sealants such as Wolfs Hardbody or Gyeon products will help to protect. I pick mine up in about ten days so I'll have a good study of it and post my findings.

Just to leg you know I'm a valeter and detailer by trade, not that means I know it all but hopefully I can be of some help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Paint protection done now it shows the scratches even more :-( waiting to speck to Dacia customer service on Monday

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
What colour?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Circular marks ?? This sounds like an electric Buffer ! as I have often said ! I have NEVER polished my car (LOGAN) since I have it which is now 7 years old ! and its Perfect ! I mean this it is absolutely perfect Its Red and only gets hand washed and the stuff what comes with the hand wash ie wax and then washed of with some special water I would never advise anyone to Polish a NEW car for at least a Half year Might be an old wives tale then again might not !

bild0212.jpg

and as you can see My Simply Red is out in all weathers

bild0214.jpg

DSCF3936.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
My present car is a citreon and the paint is thinner than the hair on my head ???? i was hoovering it a few days ago and the plastic hose scratched the door sill. Even the BMW had poor finish. On the bright side, it sounds like Dacia uses the same paint as the big manufacturers as it seems as thin.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My present car is a citreon and the paint is thinner than the hair on my head ???? i was hoovering it a few days ago and the plastic hose scratched the door sill. Even the BMW had poor finish. On the bright side, it sounds like Dacia uses the same paint as the big manufacturers as it seems as thin.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
On a positive note just had my scratches polished out now back to showroom condition

·
Registered
131 Posts
With my previous car, Rover 600, I used the circular polishing machine. After several uses noticed circular scratches, so now I always hand wash the car myself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As a general rule you shouldn't need to use a rotary polisher too much. If you do get swirls it could be because there was too much pressure applied. It's a knack that takes a while to get right.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts