UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put the £100 deposit down through my dealer, I had confirmation from Dacia of the order, but nothing in the way of paperwork. It was on the understanding if I didn't like the car I would get a refund. Is that generally how other people have ordered theirs. Not getting cold feet, just interested.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You are lucky !! I had to put down £500 with no return . I think a lot of us had to , if you wanted a firm order. Des

·
Registered
560 Posts
I was surprised to hear/read that folk in Ireland had to put 10% down to order. I put £100 down 10 days ago. I am told the car had been ordered, so should I hear direct from Dacia or my dealer? I've never ordered a new car before :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I was only asked for €500 (or what ever I wanted to put on it just to hold it) and on the pretence that if I don't like I can walk away with a full refund. I got written confirmation too.

Not sure why some were asked for 10% but it could be down to certain dealership "usual" practices.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yep, put £100 down but in November the dealer wanted 500 quid for a firm order. I questioned this with Dacia who said they knew nothing about it so went to the dealer and was shown it on the screen from Dacia asking them to try and get 500 quid and firm orders! I declined to pay it but my vehicle is on the boat and should be here shortly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's a bit naughty isn't it? I had to put down £100 too, again with the promise of a full refund if I decide against having the car. Haven't received any paperwork yet as I only placed order over the phone yesterday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I work for a Motor Manufacturer and have done for 30years.
If you have paid a dealer a deposit he is within his rights to offset this against any cost/ losses should you decide to cancel. Check the back of the order form to see the array of T's&C's !!

Wheras, those people who pay Dacia UK the £100 holding deposit direct have a clear cancellation agreement.
I would strongly advise against giving any deposit to a dealer.
Should a dealer go bust whilst you are awaiting delivery of your car, you would be very lucky to get anything back.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I work for a Motor Manufacturer and have done for 30years.
If you have paid a dealer a deposit he is within his rights to offset this against any cost/ losses should you decide to cancel. Check the back of the order form to see the array of T's&C's !!

Wheras, those people who pay Dacia UK the £100 holding deposit direct have a clear cancellation agreement.
I would strongly advise against giving any deposit to a dealer.
Should a dealer go bust whilst you are awaiting delivery of your car, you would be very lucky to get anything back.
Exactly, that is what I told the dealer in November. I said in four months time when the vehicle 'may' arrive I don't know what state my finances are going to be and neither do you know what your firms are going to be, they might go bust. My Citroen dealer went bust (didn't affect me) and the huge Vauxhall dealer locally went bust. I am not paying you anything. He said then we can't guarantee you'll get the vehicle when they first come and it might be the middle of the year before it's available. I said I don't care and besides if the cars are sat in your compound you will want to sell them so it's not a problem. They now treat me as a new buyer waiting for the vehicle ordered to arrive!

·
Registered
96 Posts
When I put the £100 deposit down through my dealer, I had confirmation from Dacia of the order, but nothing in the way of paperwork. It was on the understanding if I didn't like the car I would get a refund. Is that generally how other people have ordered theirs. Not getting cold feet, just interested.
How long did it take for the paperwork to come through from Dacia?

I placed an order with a dealer on 20 Jan but not heard anything from anyone yet.

·
Registered
308 Posts
How long did it take for the paperwork to come through from Dacia?

I placed an order with a dealer on 20 Jan but not heard anything from anyone yet.
There is no paperwork from Dacia, only emails and if you put an order in via the dealer then that's who you will deal with, full stop.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got all the sale agreement paperwork from the Renault dealer, I ordered the Ambiance model but then I changed my mind to the Laureate model five days later. They were very good and changed all the paper work again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered back in October, £100 Squid down, full return if i cancelled. printed paperwork off when I got home from Dacia website, no problems

1 - 12 of 12 Posts