UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just read the manual a week and half after I picked up the car!
It seems to say that if you have parking sensors you should have an override switch on lower centre console, will I have the sensors but no override (on/off) switch.
I must admit I did have sensors on my previous car a Renault Megane and it had the override switch which I never used. I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has these and if they have the override switch and even if this is required.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The override switch is normally for switching of front sensors .
Really, I only had rear parking sensors on my Megane and I had the switch, also my point was the Duster manual shows a parking sensors on/off switch which is blanked on my car with parking sensors.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Some fitted a override if you we're towing to stop the sounder when you were reversing , others have a by pass to cut out the reversing lights when the plug is in , to prevent glair. Des

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm trying to find info about PDC on Dusters. Mine seems to be a retro fitted rubbish item and also does not have the switch that is referred to in the handbook. It came as part of the Protection Pack so I assumed that it would be factory fitted, I have tried to attach a photo of the wiring in the passenger foot well that fell down the other day but the file is too big. I have many issues with this car, it is 2 weeks old and even trying to get it booked in to the dealers is hard work. Really wishing that I could just hand it back.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
The switch would only be for front sensors.

The kit is 'cheap' if it's the same I've seen fitted to others.

Wires in the footwell seem odd, I'd only expect the display or sounder to be up front, the module is usually in the near side boot area under the trim.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The switch would only be for front sensors.

The kit is 'cheap' if it's the same I've seen fitted to others.

Wires in the footwell seem odd, I'd only expect the display or sounder to be up front, the module is usually in the near side boot area under the trim.
It doesn't mention front PDC sensors in the handbook, I read it as the switch is to deactivate the sensors if they are not needed. Does anyone have a factory fitted PDC that has an on/off switch?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
None of the packs or anything else extra is a factory fit. all Dacia models arrive as bog standard and then their fitted at the import centre. you don't seem very happy with your new car- what are the issues you mentioned?

·
Registered
21 Posts
None of the packs or anything else extra is a factory fit. all Dacia models arrive as bog standard and then their fitted at the import centre. you don't seem very happy with your new car- what are the issues you mentioned?
I've just coppied this from the new thread that I posted earlier. I've been told that there is only one reversing light so that's no longer an issue. : )

Hi Guys,

Picked up my New Dacia Duster Ambiance 4x2 on Friday 22nd May 2015.

It was supposed to be ready for collection the day before but dealer did not return my call, rang on Friday morning and they said I could pick it up anytime suitable to me.

Car was brought round, with a lovely bunch of flowers as an apology from the sales guy as I had already said I wasn't happy with the customer service, there was no fuel in it and as I had paid £20 for fuel the salesman took me and my son and the dog to the station and filled it up with fuel (cost him about £63), on the way back I noticed that there was no MediaNav, salesman trying to tell me I hadn't ordered it...long story short, I had, it wasn't there. Arranged to have it fitted and use of a courtesy car on 5th June (first date available).

In the mean time I have noticed that I only have 1 reversing light, I have been locked inside the car twice now, the fuel gauge doesn't seem correct as I did 120 miles before the first light went out and now on 350 and only one left on, left indicator doesn't cancel, hands free does not work properly and no one can hear what I am saying, radio keeps losing frequency, park distance control doesn't work properly as the digital distance display just jumps around randomly and I have a whole bunch of wires hanging down in the passenger foot well.

Dealer rang me on 4th June and said 'car's all booked in for the 16th June, we accidentally gave the courtesy car to someone for tomorrow so that's the soonest we can do it'.

Has anyone else had problems like this...did you get them sorted out easily?

I haven't, as yet, told the dealer about the other faults, they only know about the MidiaNav at the moment but I will email them today with my list and see what they come back with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts