UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being fairly new ish to this forum I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but is anyone away what models of renault or near Nissan cars dacia parts are interchangeable with... So far I've discovered the rear window on the last shape clio tourer or estate is very similar, the wing mirrors look very similar in design, the doors on the last shape megane estate look a similar shape. Although the bulging bit around the door handle is missing

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would doubt that many, if any, of the body panels are interchangeable but I suspect that a majority of mechanical parts most certainly are. When I opened the bonnet on my new Duster for the first time the manufacturer labels that I saw first were all Renault. Also, my wife had a problem with her Clio's multi-function computer display which when I looked is absolutely identical to my Duster. Engine and gearbox are Renault, and the 4 wheel drive train is straight out of the Nissan X-Trail. All good omens for tried and trusted components and for the availability and cost of spares.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would doubt that many, if any, of the body panels are interchangeable but I suspect that a majority of mechanical parts most certainly are. When I opened the bonnet on my new Duster for the first time the manufacturer labels that I saw first were all Renault. Also, my wife had a problem with her Clio's multi-function computer display which when I looked is absolutely identical to my Duster. Engine and gearbox are Renault, and the 4 wheel drive train is straight out of the Nissan X-Trail. All good omens for tried and trusted components and for the availability and cost of spares.
unfortunately it became a bit of an obsession for me, looking it Renault's and Nissan on the Web, flamingo land car park... I think I'm getting over it now, like frank Spencer, every day I'm getting better, and better :)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
just a thought....

if you put parts on the car that are not "genuine Dacia parts"

will that not invalidate the warranty ????

like i said....just a thought !

DM x

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just a thought....

DM x
Possibly, but the mechanical parts are probably shared anyway, So you'd probably end up with a dacia'd renault part anyway, like on the bottles and pipes in the engine bay, and my battery has renault/ Nissan on it.
And parts for the body, the black plastic bit on the boot on the logan that says logan mcv on it is stamped 'renault' on the underside.
Was just wondering really, and just in case of struggle to find 'bits'

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
is it worth the risk of invalidating your warranty should ....God forbid.....something major happen though...

thats all i was saying

having been in the situation of having to wait over 120 days for parts myself...

i say ... from my point of view

its worth the wait to protect the warranty

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is it worth the risk of invalidating your warranty should ....God forbid.....something major happen though...

thats all i was saying

having been in the situation of having to wait over 120 days for parts myself...

i say ... from my point of view

its worth the wait to protect the warranty
120 days! Your will must be stronger than mine :)
I suppose your right on the warranty side.

·
Registered
288 Posts
just a thought....

DM x
Probably - that's the line that all car manufacturers take and I can't see Renault/Dacia being any different. It's something to watch out for if you get your car serviced or repaired by an independent garage while it is under warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts