UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone reveresed into my dacia duster damaged door and the passenger door handle is broken off. My dealer says they can only get a black handle and respray it the matted chrome colour the other handles are costing 100 quid to paint. Is this correct that Dacia do not do replacement coloured door handles or am i to cough up and get the black handle resprayed. Im told the black handle is about 25 quid. Help pleaw guys

·
Registered
308 Posts
You could always get four chrome stick on ones from ebay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone confirm that you cannot gey silver effect door handles from dealers as fitted on laurette? My pax side was broke off and dealer says you can only get black

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Any joy peeps on my post?

Based on info from a different thread & posts: off the shelf replacements are black only. Pay to spray or go dog-eared. Or, why not replace both handles on the same side with the black ones: only the very inquisitive will ever notice the off-side/near-side discrepance! :D

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Thats a v cleaver idea

I've just thought of a flaw. It is that, over time, I reckon you will like the black side more than the silvery side and will want to "upgrade" the other side too. So £100ish for one ghastly silvery replacement handle or £100ish (admittedly in two bites) for 4x new lovely black handles. Of course, if the one-sided black replacements are on the driver's side you might be able to live with lopsided-ness for quite some time! Even more so if there is a Mrs ddb and you actually do most of the driving. If that is the case, here is my suggested long-term lop-sided door-handle solution to save some money:

"Dearest one, I've finished washing the off-side. Are you ready to do the near-side now - I've left you some fresh soapy water in a bucket!" :D It might work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts