UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
From the date you purchase a licence plate how long do you have before you must register it? 6mths a year?

I couldn't find the info on dvla. Does anyone else out there know?

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
This website seems to suggest you have to renew after 12 months if you have received a V750 certificate of entitlement

https://www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicle-registration-numbers/renewing-or-updating-your-certificate-of-entitlement
Yes but you don't ever have to register it on a car if you don't want to I think you get longer than 12 months tho at first purchase IIRC when I got my last one I had 2 years but it could have been 3. once the cert expires (DVLA Will write to you before that happens) you can renew it for up to 3 years at a cost of £25 per year.

HTH

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah it's 12 months to retain a plate otherwise you have to pay the retaining fee again for another 12 months.

What you could do is enjoy your new registration for up to 6 months then bung on a private plate when the next registration comes out. :)

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I have to pay extra to put my plate on the car?

I'm cheap...lol

Yeah it's 12 months to retain a plate otherwise you have to pay the retaining fee again for another 12 months.

What you could do is enjoy your new registration for up to 6 months then bung on a private plate when the next registration comes out. :)

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
Do I have to pay extra to put my plate on the car?

I'm cheap...lol
All you need to pay extra is for the plates themselves bu if you are having it registered from new with your new number then they should be incuded in the price of the car.

See you tommorrow :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I found a cracking plate that spelt my name showed it to the Mrs and she agreed it looked fab but at £800 she made it clear that it wasn't happening as we had just bought the car....unless I spent my new bike fund :eek:

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
I have a personalised plate, I paid £399 for it and it will be registered with the car so no extra to pay.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
I found FA13 DUG ( FAB DUG) for 399 but decided against it at the mo more important things to spend 400 quid on lol

I found a cracking plate that spelt my name showed it to the Mrs and she agreed it looked fab but at £800 she made it clear that it wasn't happening as we had just bought the car....unless I spent my new bike fund :eek:

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
Can't wait, I was going to bring some cider and realised most of us are the drivers. Knocked that on the head as I dont have non alcoholic lol
Erm yeh know what you mean an odd glass is not to bad but it would be very tempting to have a little to much lol so wise decision not to lol :(

·
Registered
382 Posts
I found FA13 DUG ( FAB DUG) for 399 but decided against it at the mo more important things to spend 400 quid on lol
The one I saw was my initial 'S' followed by my surname with just a 3 in the middle, it did look great.... but as I said new Bike deffo over plate..

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Can't wait, I was going to bring some cider and realised most of us are the drivers. Knocked that on the head as I dont have non alcoholic lol
I am not driving, not got my duster yet so we are coming in Mr W's car so he can drive it himself! :D :D

Reactions: Juju Beanz

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess i can bring a bottle we can share anf both Mr's can drive us back home...lol

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Reactions: Juju Beanz
1 - 20 of 29 Posts