UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for about a month now our 2015 ambience has been showing a full tank despite us (trying to guess!) running it down to low levels guessing the mileage. Showed the dealer the forum discussions on here but they're not interested, saying no recalls have been made. Drove to Bournemouth recently and did 150 miles still stuck on full. Have seen similar issues on here, has been into dealership and they've said they checked and all is ok, but clearly not! Booked back into dealership in another 3 weeks. I said there seems to be common complaints about th sender and RAC have backed us up when we called them out via Dacia Assistance. Hope to hear from anyone who is experiencing the same or has done and had a successful repair. thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Dacia fuel gauge is designed to give a plateaux effect (a state of little or no change following a period of activity or progress) when you

supply a full tank of fuel before the first lamp on the display goes out.

I find this irritating, but that said it means that you might well have to cover 150 -200 miles before the gauge changes.

If you have ruled this out then your dealer needs to check the fuel tank sender and replace under warranty as is necessary.

It's probably true that there are no recalls but dacia has provided dealers with a test procedure to determine a faulty sender.

I had a similar problem with my 2013 Sandero and the dealer showed me the printout which required a resistance test at a variety of positions on the

sender.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sometimes the sender sticks, or gets an earth fault. If you take the car in with less than half a tank, it's an easy diagnosis. There have been a couple of ECU hiccups/ fuel computer stalls, cured by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes (Make sure you have the radio code if you try this.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. It's been fine for 2 years but only recently started playing up and the first time it became stuck on one bar almost empty after filling up full tank.

·
Registered
841 Posts
In addition to the battery reset, the rear seat squab lifts up. Under it is the fuel tank sender. They get a lot of condensation and sometimes the connections corrode. That's check No. 2 for you. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for replies hoping dealership will check all these. We're just topping up and guessing mileage ATM, we're on 115 miles after putting in £16 worth of petrol (this is all tank would take, normally put in £35 to fill up) Dealership said £20 should do a good 100 miles so will probably need to top again soon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Had same problem on Stepway. dealer reset or as they put it "relearned " the fuel gauge.No problem since but they strongly advised not to try to get more fuel in after first click off when filling tank right up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hoping they will do this in a fortnight. Annoys me that they won't take notice of this forum or they might have looked at the sender when it was in for repair 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have had my Stepway Laureate 1.5 diesel for 2 years and I am still chuffed to bits with it. Be advised the tank capacity is stated as 50 litres but it will actually take 60litres. On a recent trip it did 850 miles on a full tank and it wasn t set on eco mode. It was still showing full after 250 miles ( quite worrying at the time) . I still think its a dream to drive.
Hello. Another user mentioned this in another thread. Richard2013 talks about a "plateau" effect after supplying a full tank before the first token of the fuel gauge goes empty.... This is in line with the comment made by waystep17. The tank may be larger than advertised at 60 liters instead of 50. Maybe the topmost token on the gauge is measuring "from 40 to max" while the 2nd from the top measures only "from 30 to 39"... i.e. 10 liters. If the max is not 50 liters but rather 60, it makes sense that it will take longer to drop the first mark (in fact, double the mileage vs the next mark).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an email from dacia that tells me not to park or refuel my duster on a slope as that is the cause of the erratic fuel gauge display. They refuse to admit the gauge and or sender unit is faulty. Has any one else been told of the dusters inability to cope with slopes?.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,051 Posts
I have an email from dacia that tells me not to park or refuel my duster on a slope as that is the cause of the erratic fuel gauge display. They refuse to admit the gauge and or sender unit is faulty. Has any one else been told of the dusters inability to cope with slopes?.
Rubbish ! It is rare but not unknown to have a faulty fuel gauge. There was a bad batch around 2014 when several owners had them changed under warranty. your fault should be rectified under warranty, pursue it with your dealer ! :eek:

·
Registered
236 Posts
There was a thread that the guy was told by the dealer not to brim the tank, but to stop at the first click of the pump. The dealer reset the gauge for him, and he didn't have any problems after that.

I have noticed if the fuel level on my Sandero is one token down from full and I park facing down a slope, when I restart the car the fuel gauge reads full. It corrects its self at the next restart on level ground.

John

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,051 Posts
There was a thread that the guy was told by the dealer not to brim the tank, but to stop at the first click of the pump. The dealer reset the gauge for him, and he didn't have any problems after that.

I have noticed if the fuel level on my Sandero is one token down from full and I park facing down a slope, when I restart the car the fuel gauge reads full. It corrects its self at the next restart on level ground.

John
I always "brim" my tank at every fill-up never had a problem, except that you go a long way before it gauge drops by 1 segment. This is acceptable as I know the gauge cannot measure the fuel outside the tank, located in the filler pipe ! ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I never brim my tank think how much weight you are carrying around.fill up a 5ltr container and see how much that weighs. Then times that by 10 for a 50ltr tank...you will have a suprise ....

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I never brim my tank think how much weight you are carrying around.fill up a 5ltr container and see how much that weighs. Then times that by 10 for a 50ltr tank...you will have a suprise ....
I can't be bothered to keep taking trips,out of my way, to the filling station !! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, for about a month now our 2015 ambience has been showing a full tank despite us (trying to guess!) running it down to low levels guessing the mileage. Showed the dealer the forum discussions on here but they're not interested, saying no recalls have been made. Drove to Bournemouth recently and did 150 miles still stuck on full. Have seen similar issues on here, has been into dealership and they've said they checked and all is ok, but clearly not! Booked back into dealership in another 3 weeks. I said there seems to be common complaints about th sender and RAC have backed us up when we called them out via Dacia Assistance. Hope to hear from anyone who is experiencing the same or has done and had a successful repair. thanks

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,864 Posts
Why post in a 3 1/2 year old topic? You provide no explanation of your exact problem.

The tank is nominally 50 Litres but you can get 60 or more Litres in. The top segment does not go out until 43 Litres left.

The sender is under the OS rear seat access panel.
The german forum provides probably al you need to know about the sender.

NEU - Ermittlung von Verbrauch und Kraftstoffvorrat (Bordcomputer Dacia Gen. 2)

Why not do a search before posting all this is already on the forum. If this does not enable you to solve the problem take it to a dealer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts