UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Will our "wing" mirrors, for want of a better word, actually fold??

I have tried with mine but chickened out, they are defo spring loaded but feel like they will break instead of fold in.

Cheers matt

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
They fold on Dusters and Sanderos thats 4 sure
...maybe on your Laureate, with 'leccy windows, but the manual mirrors on my Ambiance-spec Duster don't want to fold - just like TheBigMatt says...

Joe

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The Sandero Ambiance mirrors fold , I drive my parents regularly and have to put them in where I park.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just had a look, if you grab the Mirror you can pull it right out at all sides, there is no hinge, its sprung.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Several times a week i fold in both mirrors of my duster. Easy to fold in, but have to hold them as they tend to spring back

out again.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
They fold in on the logan too... But as some have said it can take your breath away when unfolding.
They must be robust enough, I often crush, scrape and clobber mine when going in and out of the garage, the doorway is narrow, it's 50/50 split if I bottle it and end up retrying these days or just hope for the best :-o

·
Registered
370 Posts
They fold in on the logan too... But as some have said it can take your breath away when unfolding.
They must be robust enough, I often crush, scrape and clobber mine when going in and out of the garage, the doorway is narrow, it's 50/50 split if I bottle it and end up retrying these days or just hope for the best :-o
I must admit to being wrong carlos my Sandero 2 mirrors do fold, it looks totally wrong but they do fold, it takes a bit of courage but once you get to what looks like the point of no return they snap into place.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have tried with mine, but I just cannot make myself keep pushing. I just don't see how they can fold.
on the logan they don't really fold, they sorta snap round after you've fought with them a bit, they look like there been dislocated when they are folded.
I think the Dusters mounting is a little different though, like a bendy straw sort of Connection? I wouldn't like to say they definitely do or don't.
I should really fold mine in before I go in the garage, but it's actually less heart pounding to manoeuvre one mirror in and out at time with the lock (sometimes it doesn't go well!!!)

·
Registered
370 Posts
on the logan they don't really fold, they sorta snap round after you've fought with them a bit, they look like there been dislocated when they are folded.
I think the Dusters mounting is a little different though, like a bendy straw sort of Connection? I wouldn't like to say they definitely do or don't.
I should really fold mine in before I go in the garage, but it's actually less heart pounding to manoeuvre one mirror in and out at time with the lock (sometimes it doesn't go well!!!)
There's a disconcertingly robotic look about the whole contraption.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...just to reiterate my previous concern: all of the positive responses from Duster owners seem to relate to the Laureate-spec, which has 'leccy windows: I'm really not convinced that the manual mirrors on my Ambiance-spec Duster fold, and I'm afraid to try in case it breaks...

...also, the responses referring to Sanderos and Logans are probably talking about a different mirror/mechanism to what's fitted on the Duster, irrespective of the car's overall spec...

...in any case, even thinking about it brings me out in a cold sweat...

Joe

·
Registered
370 Posts
Had another look at it and it makes sense, it does look robust , the plastic has that kind of bendy feeling as opposed to most mirrors on modern car that have that kind of breaky feeling.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts