UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have the medianav system, and when i make or receive a call via bluetooth, I only get sound coming from the drivers door speaker, not from any of the others. However, when using bluetooth to play music, it comes from all 4 speakers... Is there anything I can do about this?

Cheers

T

·
Registered
272 Posts
Tobster 911 I think You'll find Your call sound is via a small speaker near the interior mirror in the headlining. If you want the conversation louder just use the volume control on the stalk or the font of the unit. .

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
272 Posts
Apologies disregard the last two posts You are correct I had My cars mixed up thinking of Kia. ...

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries. It's just really difficult to hear, even on full volume, whilst cruising down the motorway. Seems like a very stupid thing, that actually probably required MORE programming of the software than if it were to just come out of all 4.

@roycedakin, where in the peak district are you?

·
Registered
135 Posts
On mine, when using the phone sound comes out of all the speakers, or at least the front two cannot really tell if its coming out of the back ones. Definitely not just one speaker.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is so weird. I'm 99% sure it only comes out of 1 because it is just so quiet, I pretty much have to drive with my head by my heels to hear anything. Anyhow, booking car in for a service to see about getting rid of the annoying rattle, so I'll ask them then. On a slightly related note, has anyone here updated to MediaNav version 4.0.3 and are able to navigate with just a post code. I still can't.

Thank you

T

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently it's designed like that. What the hell were Renault thinking?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll have a check of the phone volume, but I think it's ok. I spoke to my local Dacia Dealer yesterday, and they told me that it was like that on all MediaNav vehicles, including Renault Captur etc etc. I think that is a HUGE oversight on LG's behalf. Why would they code that?

Anyway...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry about the late reply.

Yes mine is MediaNav.

My other guess would be that its fixed in the online MediaNav updates? I did those the first few hours I had it, so I don't know if they changed which speakers are used. But worth a go? Its clearly not a physical connect issue on yours, as the radio presumably plays through all speakers? So it must be software? I would log a fault with the MediaNav support team online and see what they say?

Good luck...

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm, I did update to 4.0.3 - I'll have another look at the updates available tonight and see what I can do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys, I've just contacted the Medianav support via their message system and also written to Dacia - hopefully will get a solution or at least an explanation in the not too far distant future!!!! Fingers crossed - in the mean time just leant towards the drivers door - ha!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just received immediate reply as below:

"Thank you for contacting Renault Connected Services. My name is Matt shattock, your Customer Service Agent.

With regards to the issue you have been having of the sound only coming through the drivers speakers during a phone call, I am under the impression that this is a standard feature of the Media Nav device.

If you feel that there could be a problem with your system, I would advise you to take the car to the dealership (as this would be considered to be a hardware issue) in order for them to check the device/speakers and confirm if the device/speakers should behave in this manner.

If you have any questions or doubts, please don't hesitate to contact me."

Not the result I really wanted - however if enough people complain, maybe they will do something about it. Keep leaning .....

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just sent one off too... calling the person who designed it an idiot... oops

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just replied:

"Thank you for your speedy response. However I cannot see that it may be a hardware problem as all speakers operate correctly with the other functions of the system. It must therefore be a software design or fault which could easily be rectified at a future software release.

Could you please escalate this to the relevant department for considerations and confirm. By the way, from the Dacia forum I now believe that Dacia and/or Medianav have had numerous complaints regarding this."

Come on guys, if enough of us complain we may be able to get something done!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts