Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cast Your Vote!!
Place your vote for one of the following pictures.
R-Head323.08%
GrahamR00.00%
Min20017.69%
Mauud Fondeo430.77%
Dusterdly & Muttley538.46%

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Welcome to the third Dacia Photo Competition!​
This months theme as chosen by our last winner is​
**Reflections**​
There are, of course, PRIZES to be won!!​
You could win a Forum Sticker, a years premium membership to this site (that will start at the end of any existing membership), the chance to set the next competition theme!​
This month as well we have had an extra prize donated of Heko Rear Wind Deflectors for a Duster!! If you don't own a Duster then we shall roll the prize over to the following month.​
So get those cameras snapping!!​
You MUST use your own picture and vehicle.​
NO photo shopped entries and no pictures taken straight from the internet they must be your own work!​
Ok then the competition is open for entries until 20:00 Sun 23rd February 2014 when voting will open for your favourite picture until 23:59 Fri 28th February 2014.​
The picture with the most votes win at that time will win the competition!​
So folks lets get snapping!​

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
'Reflections' ? I'd already sorted out my photo-shoot for the flange/sheep/rugby topic! All that preparation wasted !!!!

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
ROB!!!

Stop using that word!!! I had to look Flange up as I wasn't entirely sure what it was, and I was shocked, I can tell you, especially as it is Geraint's favourite word.Very useful, that Urban Dictionary.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
ROB!!!

Stop using that word!!! I had to look Flange up as I wasn't entirely sure what it was, and I was shocked, I can tell you, especially as it is Geraint's favourite word.Very useful, that Urban Dictionary.
Sorry! May I suggest you use a different dictionary next time - the Urban Dictionary is not an advisable 1st port of call!!

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Sorry! May I suggest you use a different dictionary next time - the Urban Dictionary is not an advisable 1st port of call!!
P.S. That was not the sort of flange I'd allowed for in my photo-shoot - but it might have been easier if I'd gone to the 'Urban' 1st. I would have only needed a rugby team and a flock of sheep :eek:

(What was that Mr Moderator? You reckon I'm on warning for a point! Well, I'll take my chances.)

·
Registered
756 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Oh dear . I looked up Urban Dictionary Sheep and it was unprintable. The rugby definition is quite acceptable though.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rugby

rugby. game that only real men play, not like those pussy football players. No pads, rougher tackles, alot more fun. by anonymous December 21, 2002. 2627 783.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Dear Mr Moderator - I believe this thread has gone astray. May I suggest you delete it entirely and then provide the winner of photo comp #2 opportunity to reconsider their nominated subject so that we can start again. In passing, I have a rugby team and flock of sheep on stand-by, but, on good advice, I have already cancelled my contract with the flanges (Oxford dictionary) team.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Dear Mr Moderator - I believe this thread has gone astray. May I suggest you delete it entirely and then provide the winner of photo comp #2 opportunity to reconsider their nominated subject so that we can start again. In passing, I have a rugby team and flock of sheep on stand-by, but, on good advice, I have already cancelled my contract with the flanges (Oxford dictionary) team.
Dear arob.wk,

Thank you for your letter voicing your concerns about the theme of the #3 photo competition "Reflections".

After careful consideration I have decided to let the comp run on it's current theme but would like to advise you there are several websites that you could advertise your flock of sheep on but most do require you to be open and honest about their age and past uses.

Your rugby team should be put forward into your local area as up "for rent". I'm sure there must be many uses and ways they can be utilised and indeed a website offering their various use's would probably prove invaluable and heavily subsidise their upkeep!

Thankfully you havn't gone into details on what you were using both the sheep and rugby players for that included your Dacia motor vehicle and quite frankly I don't want to know!

Yours Sincerely,

Mr Moderator.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Dear arob.wk,

Thank you for your letter voicing your concerns about the theme of the #3 photo competition "Reflections".

After careful consideration I have decided to let the comp run on it's current theme but would like to advise you there are several websites that you could advertise your flock of sheep on but most do require you to be open and honest about their age and past uses.

Your rugby team should be put forward into your local area as up "for rent". I'm sure there must be many uses and ways they can be utilised and indeed a website offering their various use's would probably prove invaluable and heavily subsidise their upkeep!

Thankfully you havn't gone into details on what you were using both the sheep and rugby players for that included your Dacia motor vehicle and quite frankly I don't want to know!

Yours Sincerely,

Mr Moderator.
"arob!"

"Yes, you there with the beard"

"Hi - thank you - Alexei Sayle from the Telegraph: are you despondent about the rejection of your photo comp' #3 proposal?"

"Well, no, actually, I believe it was a well moderated decision and probably best for the forum at this present time. That is not to say that flanges/sheep/rugby might not be a future subject and I believe it would be an interesting and meaningful challenge to the photographers within the forum community. Next .."

"Hi, min200 from the Daciaforum UK: I'm really not sure that members are ready for something like flanges/sheep/rugby but, may I ask, will you be entering the 'Reflections" photo competion?"

"I'm discussing it with my management team - we're undecided at this moment"

"OK, but may I offer the thought arob that there will be plenty of other subjects in the future that you and your team might find even more challenging"

"Possibly min. Next ..."

:)

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Alexei Sayle!!! Went to see him in Bath, not long after the Young Ones had finished. (They don't make 'em like that any more. With a little encouragement I might be persuaded to post a photo of me in my yellow dungarees a la Rick, posing in front of my Renault 5 Le Car.)

He stood up and said You lot will laugh at anything!! And he then proceeded to say F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k F*k F**k only for a lot longer - and he was right, everybody laughed.

Hello John Got A New Motor............

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Alexei Sayle!!! Went to see him in Bath, not long after the Young Ones had finished. (They don't make 'em like that any more. With a little encouragement I might be persuaded to post a photo of me in my yellow dungarees a la Rick, posing in front of my Renault 5 Le Car.)

He stood up and said You lot will laugh at anything!! And he then proceeded to say F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k F*k F**k only for a lot longer - and he was right, everybody laughed.

Hello John Got A New Motor............
Go on then Maud (is that encouragement enough?) :)

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Can't find it Rob, but while I was hunting I came across these photos taken at Silverstone in the days when you were actually allowed into the pits and could talk to the drivers, this is me standing beside Prost's car and getting Rene Arnoux's autograph. I was a Renault fan even then.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.