UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I purchased my Lodgy last week and pick it up on Thursday this week. I have been reading up about the auto for a while now. I live in Germany, so it has ben on the market here for awhile.

I purchased the Prestige 5 seater with all the options, too incluide leather seats. I am excited to put this car to a long term test. I also have been looking into the MediaNav system and it is very moddible. There are already mods to watch movies on the device, it plays almost all formats. Many Themes and such. Oh, also a rear camera for better parking.

After I pick up the car and use it, I'll post my thoughts and experiences.

To all Lodgy owners - hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Chris S S.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Hi ChrisS

welcome to Daciadom...you'll find allsorts of info here on the forum

there are a few threads on the medianav system...on the sandero and stepway forums

don't forget to put photos of your new Lodgy on the forum....its the rules !!!!

DM x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ChrisS

welcome to Daciadom...you'll find allsorts of info here on the forum

there are a few threads on the medianav system...on the sandero and stepway forums

don't forget to put photos of your new Lodgy on the forum....its the rules !!!!

DM x
Hi, thanks for the nice welcome.

I'll post photos on Thursday.

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, I got the call this morning that some documents have not arrived and I cannot pick up my Lodgy. Apparently important documents are stored centrally here in Germany. Strange!

Oh well, another day to wait.

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok folks, Friday was pick-up day !

After a long day of work and anticipation on Friday I was informed that my Lodgy Prestige was ready for pick-up. So I took the train to Hanau, location of my Dacia dealer and went in to accept delivery. One, the dealer was professional and friendly as usual. Two, there was no charge on the rental car for the one day delay, and three, my new Lodgy was gleaming in the studio just waiting for me to touch her.

We went through the usual formalities and sign-off. And with sweaty palms I was able to sit in and fall in love with my new vehicle. First of all, the metallic anthracite grey was beautiful. The leather seats and dash, too include medianav was impressive. There were buttons and gadget all over the place to learn and understand. I did request as many. Options as possible and certainly received them.

After spending a short while learning the options it was time to drive out of the studio. The dealer did this for insurance reasons but when I got in my Lodgy outside and prepared to drive it away, it had only .78 of a kilometer on it. My Lodgy had bee driven 780 meters.

Once inside I realized how large and comfy this machine is. Many folks talk of the lack of side support of the seats. I found the wide and comfortable. I have wide shoulder and feel more comfortable in American style seats than cramped race style. For me and my width it felt like home. I have the 115 ps Tce and it was so quiet I could hardly tell is was engaged.

As I pulled out of the parking lot I realized how long the Lodgy is. The thing felt like a shuttle and just purred. Going over a speed bump the Lodgy was soft and responsive. I was alone, a rare thing, and was smiling from ear to ear. I pledged to slowly burn in the engine and drive it slow for the first 600 km's. Here in Germany the autobahn is tempting and I was surprised at how agile the Lodgy was. I got her onto the autobahn and hit 128 put on cruise and just drove for a while. I had prepped a usb stick with my favorite music, this may be the last time alone with my new girl. I would hand over the keys to my wife soon and would rarely drive her again. One thing I noticed, at this speed there was little noise and I could enjoy the music. The stereo system is lovely. With speakers in the back and front producing solid sound. I can tell you all, I enjoyed the ride.

The air conditioning system worked great and was not loud. Basically, I am very pleased. Eventually I turned toward home and knew the Lodgy would soon be put to the test. My youngest had soccer and my oldest cello. I picked them up and put the big instrument and giant bag of gear in the back and smiled as I realized there was room to spare. The kids starting playing with the mediaNav right away and I quickly learned that it can get rather loud and still sound good. The Navigation system is fast and very accurate. My boys loved all the space in the back and messed with the power windows and such. So, test two, the kids, a success. Both thought highly of our new family member.

It is Sunday morning and we now have around 300 km on the Lodgy. We love it! My wife is so happy and it rides so comfortably. For the money this is a great minivan.

ChrisS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts