UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List what you have added/changed on your Stepway, be it e.g. a pair of fluffy dice, go faster stripes, wide wheels, floor mats, removed Stepway lettering from doors etc.
Please include cost, seller etc and any other info, photo's, that might be of interest to fellow Stepway owners.
Regards Dave T

·
Registered
25 Posts
So far:

Car mats from eBay - DACIA SANDERO (2013 ONWARDS) TAILORED CAR MATS WITH RED BINDING (3123) - £20.95 - free P&P

Richbrook Boot Lip & Bumper Protector from Amazon - £26.39 - free P&P (protect the bumper and paintwork when loading the grand childrens pushchair in and out)

eBay - BLACK 2 PCE WATER RESISTANT REAR CAR SEAT PROTECTOR COVER FOR BASE/BACK OF SEATS - £3.99 plus £2.99 P&P (protect the back seat when the child car seats are installed)

·
Registered
178 Posts
So far the list is small....

OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus GOLD H4 main bulbs - £9.99 - these are great improvement on stock bulbs - already paying off now getting dark and gloomy evenings :ph34r:

Dacia Monitor car mats £19.99 - official ones so have the correct clips to hold in place - stop the mats moving around and getting stuck under pedals

Removed the rear window Dacia sticker - this was blocking rear vision so had to go.

Will remove the Stepway lettering once more Stepways appear - make it more exclusive again.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Nice do you know what car it came from? Need one for winter - perhaps another at the top half as well - already engine getting loads of leafs and crap creeping in....
Audi A6. Same as my old car. It seals along the majority of the front opening but I think there is still a gap in line with the Dacia badge. Left and right near the firewall are definitely too low but I wasn't too bothered as it tidied it up. It was a cheep trial run. If I can source a better fitting one for much cheapness I'll update the mod.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just like you geraint just waiting for the car, I got a 32gb sandisk (small profile), like the window tint idea.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Weird I was looking at Tints yesterday, ready for when it turns up as I have seen a pic online. (I believe from another country) and it looks Gowgeous!!!!!!!!!

post-867-0-42861400-1366235404.jpg

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ulitmate pimped out :D

Already discussed probably not UK legal - much too dark % tint and also front windows - be looking to get pulled over by da police daily....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ulitmate pimped out :D

Already discussed probably not UK legal - much too dark % tint and also front windows - be looking to get pulled over by da police daily....
very much so.. I will just ask them to make it as dark as legally possible. but does look GGGGOOOOOOOOODDDD!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
To my sandero I have added the following:

1. Blue LEDS bought from Maplins. These light up the foot well both front and back. The unit plugs into the cigarette lighther and comes with rotary switch to vary the brightness of the leds.

2. Added 4 white leds to inside of the roof of the car. They are at the rear and door pillars, so it doesn''t affect the drivers vision in any way. These were connected to the rear tail side lights. These were also bought from Maplins.

3, Put car seats cover from Aldi. Went for the red and black colour option. It looks quite sporty.

4. Added my own car alarm. It was transferred from my previous car. The alarm comes with an cabin radio waves sensor, shock sensor and current sensing. The radio wave sensor is mounted on the dashboard with "Knight Rider" flashing leds.

5. Finally added a digital clock on the center console. It comes with sensor to measure internal and external temperarures.

I have seen some external LEDS in Maplins. I am thinking of putting them on the front grill.

I will try to post some photos of these.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Fitted some halfords ultra brilliance bulbs (120% brighter, E approved and UV cut, so safe to use with a plastic lens headlamp)
Visually they are a cooler colour, I'll check with Lou to see if she noticed a difference to the light output.

For some reason my phone camera makes them look like they are flaring. But it does show the cooler colour.

ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1381356885.069353.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
No. Level is the same, I used the reflection on the garage door as a guide. The camera on my iPhone was struggling with headlights shining directly at it. They look good but I've not had the car out at night to confirm I they are noticeable brighter. Still on the case to find a good drl led replacement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts