UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SATURDAY

Ok so the better half is away working in Austria until late on Sunday and Dave the Dacia is ready for collection on Saturday, so do I wait for the following weekend to collect him............................Do I hell !!! ;)

Right so now the logistics, I'm just outside Oxford, Dave is in Coulsdon near Croydon, enter the bus and train timetables (not used for about 30 years).

So choices of two routes;

Route 1 - Bus from home into Oxford, train from Oxford to Reading, train from Reading to Redhill, train from Redhill to Coulsdon. Total time approx 2hrs 15mins - Cost £31

Route 2 - Bus from home into Oxford, Oxford coach into London Victoria, train from Victoria to Croydon, train from Croydon to Coulsdon. Tota; time 2hrs 40mins - Cost £21

Oh yeah 10 minute walk at the end of both. I really fancy route 2 as I drive that journey so regularly it would be nice to see the view from the top of a coach, plus these are posh coaches, aircraft seats, charging points, free wifi and loos.

So should be at the delears by 1230. Half hour doing paperwork, 1-2 hours inspecting vehicle (yes I know I'm being anal), connect bluetooth, connect music dongle, quick photo before leaving and a short blog.

Now the journey home, need a combination of nice drives and great photo stops;

Route home ; Brooklands, Runnymede, Windsor, White Waltham Airfield, Henley, Wittenham, Grove and home.

SUNDAY

Get up ealry, though I don't think I'll sleep much.

1st job for the day, fit mats, fit bonnet rubber, change bulbs, photograph all before and after for the blog.

Route for the day ; Blenheim Palace, Wychwood woods, Burford, Bourton-on-the-Water, Stow-on-the-Wold, Rollright (stones), Hook Norton (brewery), Enstone (Renault F1) and home

Time to charge to SLR and the GoPro.

The next 3 days are going to drag I know it :(

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
@sidaorb

hi sidas....i grew up in and around Redhill / Reigate :D

the train from Reading is a really good route, especially if you get the faster one....don't get the stopper train....it takes HOURS !

then Coulsdon South station is just two stops north back into London.......and the renault garage is 200 yards up the road ....if that !

But you forgot the important job for Sunday

:eek: :eek: :eek:

erm.....

erm....

pick up your darling wife :wub: from the airport

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DM x

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: sorted (ish) she is on a coach from Gatwick to Cheltenham and her car is parked there, so all I have to worry about Sunday is having dinner ready when she gets home in the evening.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The countdown is commencing......2 hours left at the office.

Might get an early night tonight though I don't think I'll sleep very much.

I will be blogging about my journey down to pick up Dave from about 0800 tomorrow with photos throughout the day, feel free to follow mine and Dave's adventure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts