UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting email conversation with a manufacturer of tinted perspex (?) Bonnet protector strips this evening. Google translate is a wonderful thing! Anyway, here's the question would any of you be interested? The company currently make them for the duster, but not the sandero, stepway, or Logan mcv....... Yet! This might change. They won't be cheap, £120+, would any of you be interested? They need x number interested before it's worth them making the prototype. The company is called Cappafe and I think the quality is first class, anyone?? No offence to anyone but personally I don't like the bras but these perspex ones interest me lots! here are a couple of examples of how it could look

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Surely solid plastic with wind force will buffer away the paint on the edge of the bonnet over time? Unless it's encased in rubber or something?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would like one of these but No way would I pay that much, for other vehicles they are normally around £50 or under I`m sure.

Let me know if you see them cheaper anywhere.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
That's been a long project you have been working on Geraint, But superb work not just have you helped get them into production, you have worked hard to ensure they are available in the UK... But best of all you have secured a good discount for forum members, good man well done.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
it is raised off bonnet so water etc can run underneath etc, but mine is different design to that bracket in the link. The bit that fastens to the protector is done by a screw but the bit on the bonnet is simply pushed on, clamps itself. The bonnet holds it securely in place when fitted. The bracket has felt on it to avoid marking paintwork.......... I was a bit concerned when fitting but I'm happy now it's in place
I did think the one you have is different from the fleabay one, I did think your one has screws through the Perspex as you can see the screw caps in your photos.

The bracket on your one sounds like it is a C shape rather than a S shape like the other one is.

It will be interesting to see how you get on driving along a motorway on a windy day,

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Happy chappy!!!
Looks mean! Definitely suits the overall theme of the car.

I have to admit though, I did wonder, too, whether or not it might be susceptible to the whim of an over-zealous MOT tester in future? On grounds of 'pedestrian protection?' I assume it would be simple enough to remove for a test and refit after if necessary, though.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Thanks royale, I agree with you and think it works with what I've already done to the car. The protector itself is really flexible so I'd say it's a lot more pedestrian friendly that the leading edge of the bonnet, I know they are approved eu accessories so I'll state that to the mot assessor when the time comes - end of november (can't believe how quick I've reached the first mot test!)
How time flies - when I first joined you were in the throes of deciding between sticking with your original silver order or cancelling and re-ordering in the white!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Admit it.... you want the Logan Stepway!
HaHa Royale, The day Geraint ever has to part with his Steppy, he will defo have a tear in his eye lol...
I am also in line to get a Logan Steppy once they are released in the UK, But my mind might change yet I have seen pictures of the new shape Duster which does look rather nice... So only time will tell what I end up with next.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Tell me about it, next dilemma is whether to get a Logan mcv stepway or duster next year when px'ing the Volvo v70. I was going to change the stepway but would sorely miss it if I got rid of it....... decisions
G, give me a shout when you have made your mind up, we discussed this with Mr Perroni, I'll have a chat with Renault/ Dacia buddy and see what your options are.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts