UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,853 Posts
I'm toying with the idea of changing the colour of my stepway wheels. Im liking the idea of them in black.

Decided to buy 4 cans of plastidip spray in matt/satin black for £28 off the cardipuk website..... It is a rubberised spray coating that protects and changes the colour of just about anything, including wheels.

View attachment 3460

This morning I had a go.....

Washed and dried thoroughly a wheel trim and set up my makeshift trim holder

View attachment 3461

Gave it a light coat, 50% transparency

View attachment 3462

Added a couple more coats, held standard trim next to it to show contrast

View attachment 3463

On coat 4 a leaf decided to blow and to land on the semi wet trim! Bugger....so it was time to see if it was peelable and totally reversible when dry as the company claims......, It was!

View attachment 3464

20mins of peeling the rubber coating off and it is back to standard

View attachment 3465

I'm going to do it again but properly using someone's garage in a few weeks when it's a bit warmer! The product is really user friendly and the finish was wonderful until the leaf decided to join in! At least I know how it works and looks ready for the next attempt!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great work, definitely gives a nice finish!

I'm sure i've read somewhere that a few more coats could have covered the imperfection caused by the leaf - at least if it didn't you could still peel it off anyway. Also I think that extra coats give an easier (thicker) 'sheet' to peel off.

I'd love to get my hands on some of that plasti-dip/car-dip over here but its pricey at about 15euro(£12.50) a can so not a cheap option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cardipuk deliver to Europe too so may be worth looking at their website and finding out the cost.....
£19.95 for delivery so approximately 60euro for the pack of 4 cans from the uk - still cheaper than 15euro per can + 10euro delivery from ireland.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Without sounding stupid, what size trim does the Stepway take? and would it be cheaper to get black trims instead?

Love the look and have a White Stepway due to arrive in March..so planning on my personal touches already :D

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi,

Without sounding stupid, what size trim does the Stepway take? and would it be cheaper to get black trims instead?

Love the look and have a White Stepway due to arrive in March..so planning on my personal touches already :D
The wheels are 16", consisting of 5 wide flat metal 'spokes' covered by the 'Stepway' plastic alloy look alike trims, so I don't know if ordinary mass produced trims would fit. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts