UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which trim level of Dacia Duster have you ordered? Did you add an extended warranty?
What trim level did you got for?
Access 4x2 136.74%
Access 4x4115.70%
Ambiance 4x22814.51%
Ambiance 4x4189.33%
Laureate 4x26533.68%
Laureate 4x45830.05%
Did you extend your warranty?
No12464.25%
Yes - 5 years5025.91%
Yes - 7 years199.84%

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A lot of orders have been placed, with the demand for the Access model taking Dacia by surprise. What have you ordered / taken delivery of? Also, did you go for an extended warranty?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Hi Nick,

I can't remember being given the option of an extended warranty when I placed my order. Did I miss this or do we organise with the dealers?

Graham

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Nick
I ordered Laureate dCi 110. 4x4, Argentum silver, with Touring pack, Adventurer pack, Protection pack and ASR (Traction Control) with ESC (Electronic Stability Control) ... I didn't go for extended warranty at point of order (30/09/12) ... "Indicative delivery date: 29 March 2013"

StoneBreaker

Reactions: Nick

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nick,

I can't remember being given the option of an extended warranty when I placed my order. Did I miss this or do we organise with the dealers?

Graham
You can extend it for up to one year after purchase, so no panic if you haven't yet done it

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Nick
I ordered Laureate dCi 110. 4x4, Argentum silver, with Touring pack, Adventurer pack, Protection pack and ASR (Traction Control) with ESC (Electronic Stability Control) ... I didn't go for extended warranty at point of order (30/09/12) ... "Indicative delivery date: 29 March 2013"

StoneBreaker
Welcome to the site StoneBreaker! Pretty much fully loaded then

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the site StoneBreaker! Pretty much fully loaded then
Many thanks for welcome Yeah! Hadn't originally meant to go so high on specs and 'add-ons', but when I started to build my pre-order I ended up escalating in the way that Dacia expects many customers to do ... e.g. air-con immediately hikes you up to the Laureate. I need 4 x 4 and prefer diesel, so that was pretty much it. I dispensed with the Styling Pack as I think it somehow jars with the overall character of the Duster. Really enjoyed my test-drive of the Laureate diesel last week, it handled really well ... just need to wait for delivery now ... and figure out how I'm going to finance the higher specs I've opted for

Reactions: NineCherries

·
Registered
560 Posts
StoneBreaker, a little of topic but I see you play guitar. Did you decide if a cased instrument would fit in the boot with the seats up or not? I wasn't sure, I should have taked one with me really. doh!

·
Registered
259 Posts
StoneBreaker, a little of topic but I see you play guitar. Did you decide if a cased instrument would fit in the boot with the seats up or not? I wasn't sure, I should have taked one with me really. doh!

Hi Micknand
Good point ... hadn't given this as much thought as I maybe should have. Following your post and armed with a tape rule I've measured my guitar cases against the boot measurements given in the Duster brochure. Looks like it won't be possible to lay my 1007 mm long guitar case fore to aft in the Duster boot (992 mm) without the back seat down (then giving 1760 mm). However, I reckon it will be possible to use the diagonals in the boot space to stow my guitars and Fishman Solo Amp, plus AER 60w Compact Amp, etc, etc, without needing to fold the back seats down. Also, there's good width available between wheel arches (1002 mm). However, I am going to be a very happy bunny anyway as I have to squeeze everything into my Clio just now ... so I'm going to be so blown away by the Duster space that I may just have to write a song about it.
StoneBreaker

Reactions: Micknand

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just changed my order from a Laureate 4x4 to a Ambiance 4x4 with ASR, based seeing the 2 models, has anyone driven an Ambiance 4x4? It is in Granite Grey, I won't be extending the warranty until later, will probably go for the 7 years.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Mackenzie 0121
Good choice . That's what I have went for, I had to make choice and would have liked air con , but I had keep within my budget , and as I was going to use it as my company car , I was more interested in the 7 year warranty with the extra mileage cover . What I have not seen is the granite grey colour that I have picked , and I would be grateful if any one has a photo of the elusive car. Des

·
Registered
170 Posts
Also Ordered a Laureate in Granite Grey 4x2,looking at bull bars.......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mines an Ambience 4x4 granite grey... No packs but will add my own tow bar when I get it...
Plenty room inside for bee hives, dog, and all the other crap of the day I have to haul about... Oh and if I'm unlucky maybe people too...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Interesting that the Laureate is the most popular model but that twice as many people (so far) have opted for the 4x2 version.......well, interesting to me at any rate.
I need to get out more........ I want my Duster!

Reactions: Nick and Micknand

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a good think and Ordered the Laureate with just about every option plus 7 year warranty and then leather as well, guess we are a bit lucky that we dont have the VAT over here and the whole thing came to way less than the Kia Sportage I was looking at!

The last car I got from new was a 1999 Isuzu Trooper and it was a great tank that I kept for 11 years. Hoping to do the same with this! It works out cheap motoring over a long time. Unlike the RangeRover, but less said the better ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have ordered an Ambiance 4x4 in Maiana Blue with protection pack, Esc and dog guard!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Good job you got the dog guard Bex or I might have tried to get in your car by mistake (note to self - cancel the order for the dog)

Reactions: Bex

·
Registered
68 Posts
I forgot the Dog guard but ordered one of Amazon. It came down in a few days. Just need a car to put it in! :(

1 - 20 of 59 Posts