UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POLL - Which trim level of Dacia Sandero Stepway have you ordered? Did you add an extended warranty?
Which trim level did you choose?
Ambiance TCe 901914.50%
Ambiance dCi 901410.69%
Laureate TCe 904131.30%
Laureate dCi 905743.51%
Did you extend your warranty?
No8665.65%
Yes - 5 years3829.01%
Yes - 7 years75.34%

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Sandero Stepway is looking to be a popular model for Dacia.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Still urming and arring about this. I wanted to extend it and hubby says no, not worth it. And as i'm not savvy in this dept i can't persuade. Any points from any seasoned pro out there :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can extend any time before the end of 1st year of ownership - to be fair major problems should appear before the end of 1st year.

Problems with Turbo/ DPF for diesels are likely to occur at highish milages / 3 year mark and are costly so if really depends how you feel about paying for these rather than extending the warranty.....

Still urming and arring about this. I wanted to extend it and hubby says no, not worth it. And as i'm not savvy in this dept i can't persuade. Any points from any seasoned pro out there :)

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
You can extend any time before the end of 1st year of ownership - to be fair major problems should appear before the end of 1st year.

Problems with Turbo/ DPF for diesels are likely to occur at highish milages / 3 year mark and are costly so if really depends how you feel about paying for these rather than extending the warranty.....
Oh I see. We are buying diesel engine but our mileage is going to be low for the first year or so round 8000. Oh well at least we will have 11 months to think about it. The whole dpf thing is starting to worry me but the dealer said it will be fine as newer technology so won't matter if we stop/start all the time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Isn't the dci engine pretty reliable. Standard warranty for me. 50 mile round trip to work half of which on motorway so engine should get up to temp.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Nick, Not sure if you set up an configured poll. If you have is it possible to show a section on colours chosen. Myself I placed an order for a Stepway Ambiance dCi90 in Silver but have now changed and cofirmed Blue. I saw the Mercury in person and in the outdoor daylight it seem to be a very White / Light Silver unlike what are on our roads. On the forecourt I noticed most customers seem attacted to the Blue which is a very nice rich colour and easily seen when looking for your car in the supermarket. I also assume Dacia would have paid for market research to find the best attractive colour for their demonstrators to attract sales.

It's nice to see we all have different tastes and choices on colours or everyone would be driving around in the same colour Stepway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi, my wife and I decided on the laurete 90 dci in blue with spare wheel and multinav euro map upgrade. With baby on the way due in november we thought it high time to get rid of our smaller cars and go for the stepway. The duster was overkill for our needs. Weve been to the dealership twice to drool over the showroom model, give it a test drive and place our order. I just hope it arrived before the baby does. Wife is already upset that she wont be able to drive it until after baby arrives.

My wife's fear of flying means many if not all of our holidays will be on the road so the stepway seemed to fit our ideal needs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We've ordered a Stepway too :) and are opting for a 5 year warranty. Probably over kill but after the issues we've had with our current car, it's peace of mind.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here the Stepway only comes in one trim....wich is not ambiance or laureate uk models...is a mix. It's the same as Laureate but...with no leather seats and no parking sensors. The parking sensors are extra...the leather seats are not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ive had my Laureate for 4 days now :) in White (Petrol). didnt bother with the warranty at this point as I dont know if ill kepp the car beyond the 3 years tbh. its my first car and i need to settle into it first

·
Registered
71 Posts
Due to pick up my new Stepway Ambience Diesel (white) in a week or two. To be honest, I would have gone for the Laureate as I think the Medianav looks very useful, but my bank balance just wouldn't stretch quite that far. It's a pity you don't seem to be able to buy the Medianav as an added extra for the Ambience, as I could have managed another £300. I'm looking at getting a third party sat-nav instead.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks Geraint. I hadn't spotted that thread! I thought the Duster unit looked as though it was the same shape, but I wasn't sure. Looks like a good unit. Definitely worth considering!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts