UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I ordered a black Sandero Ambience TCE with a touring pack months ago and last week I was told it would be ready tomorrow. In some sort of error, however, I was ordered a black Stepway by mistake.

I was not impressed with Bristol Street Motors in Derby basically ignoring my calls for the last two days in a row. Eventually I went round today, looked at both and I still wanted the standard hatch over the Stepway. I have to wait for the touring pack to be ordered, arrive and be fitted by the dealer to a regular hatch before I can get the car I ordered.

I do not like plastic wheel trims, however. If anything I think the Access wheels look great and would love a set for my Ambience, but I was told that they are a different speed rating (aren't tyres rated for speed and wheels for load? Should they be the same?) and so I couldn't have them when I was negotiating a token of good will. Couldn't even get a spare thrown in, so eventually settled on nothing more than a full tank of fuel.

Yes I know I could have had a Stepway with alloys but I just didn't want the rest of the car.

I much prefer the look of steel wheels without a pointless plastic thing covering them. But if I was to remove the trims would it void the warranty? There's no mechanical reason for them to. I would love to see if the centre hub caps like off an Access will fit the standard steel wheels, and if they did I would paint them red.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Alex

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think the Stepway looks good. It's like a baby 4x4, and so steel wheels look quite natural on it.

I would have got one myself, but the mpg was better on the standard Sandero.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They were offering a Stepway Amb for the same price, told me that on Tuesday then I phoned five times on Wednesday, eventually arranged to go down today and looked at them side by side. The Stepway just didn't feel right for me, the roofbars looked more noisy than I would justify in use of them. I bought a Dacia to be modest and I know those scuff plates don't actually do anything.

I am having to wait until next week because the Sandero Amb they have doesn't have the touring pack. Because they have to order the individual parts for it rather than get it from the factory with a car, I think they have to pay retail prices, plus labour, so he was keen to push the Stepway as that was cheaper for them.

So I think they ordered a Sandero without the touring pack and hoped I would take the Stepway because I'm young.

I offered to just pick up the touring pack and put it together myself, but it would void the warranty.

I asked for the wheels next, he seemed perplexed I wanted the metal-looking wheels from the base model rather than the plastic covered ones. Trudged back from the manager's office to say they were a different size, but they are not. Then he said the wheels were a different speed rating, which I just gave to him even though tyres can be changed. It's as if the wheels were designed to be only just good enough for the standard car, and no allowance for abnormal loads. But it's the same size, with the same tyre ratings.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
In my humble opinion, if you can, wait for your Sandero to arrive, it sounds as if you will never be happy if you take the Stepway.

Although, not sure how you are set for waiting for a Sandero to become available.

Juju

·
Registered
346 Posts
Got a Stepway and the Tce engine is great, i prefer the raised ride for comfort and looks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts