UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is my first post. The Mrs is sure that the stepway suspension has dropped. I had a good look round and if it has its even at all 4 corners. Could this just be the suspension bedding in?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Silly, silly men...

Too many cream cakes?
- front suspension affected only...

Dead bodies in the boot?
- REAR suspension affected only.

Ah, but hang on a mo.... if we combine the two.... Sparx, you haven't noticed your better half depositing a larger than usual number of Greggs boxes and/or bloody axes in the refuse of late, have you? :ph34r:

Joking aside, it seems highly likely this is one of those perception issues we're all prone to from time-to-time, especially if the driving experience isn't noticeably altered. I'd be amazed if all four corners developed the same fault simultaneously and to the same degree; however the standard advice, and I'm sure the others will agree, is - if in doubt, get it checked out. That's what your warranty is there for :)

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Along this line, does anybody know what they actually do to "jack-up" the suspension ? Is it fit longer springs or move mounting points or something else ? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Sparx - clearly the above responses have been less than helpful! So allow me to offer a couple of thoughts:

Has Mrs Sparx driven too fast over a speed hump (or a sleeping policeman) and bottomed the stepway by any chance?

Alternatively, has Mrs Sparx bought new high-healed shoes recently?

Hope I've been more helpful :unsure: :D

Welcome to the forum by the way. (Most times you can actually get useful advice.)

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
I thought it was fairy dust in the tyres.......

Longer springs would be my guess, but I don't actually know.

Maybe the ops mrs was used to a lower stance type of car to begin with and has just got used to the higher position on the Stepway. Did she first get into the vehicle from road height at the dealership and ever since gone in from pavement height? Who's to say?
I had to take all the tyres off to change the valves, if you remember, so all the 'fairy dust' fell out, It's still got raised suspension so I can rule that option out !! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was all perception parked next to another steppy and it's all good. I found the boot a little small for dead bodies, I stick to the mondeo estate for casual body disposals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts