UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you pre-ordered a UK Dacia Sandero?

What spec did you go for?

Have you got an estimated delivery date yet?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am wondering how many Sanderos have been ordered?

I origninally placed an order for one, but changed to a duster.

When I built my car it came to about £9k.

I am much happier with my choice at the present, but there does not seem to be too much said about the Sandero A bit in the shade I think.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the site John! You certainly won't get more honest than that as a car, when's the delivery date?

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I know there will be a lot of 1.2 Ambience available beginning of March but most Diesel models will be mid April.

I drove a Sandero today and have to say I was happily surprised at how good it was.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the Sanderos built-to-order like the Dusters?

·
Registered
4 Posts
No... As they are built in Europe there will be stock held in the UK so once the first deliveries of most models arrive there should always be some vehicles available of most models. The exception could be the £5995 Access model as although the lowest priced model it is not the model that they expect to sell that many of due to the good PCP offers available by the time you add a CD player the payment is the same as the Ambiance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, Back in early November I pre-ordered a Sandero Ambiance diesel in sargasso blue, despite some misgivings about ordering a vehicle I hadn't even seen, let alone driven. However a couple of weeks ago I was able to test drive a Laureate diesel and ,like Stu bhoy, I was quite impressed, it drove well, was roomy, and seemed well put together. I was perfectly happy to confirm my order. The delivery date was for March, but my dealer says it will probably be April.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the site Bodge
Keep us updated on delivery dates, the Dusters have slipped somewhat, be interesting to see what happens with the Sandero's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Nick, I will do. It does seem as if the Dusters are, at the moment, more popular than the Sanderos, so perhaps this accounts for the backlog.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shouldn't do, as they are made in different factories. The Dusters are made in India, and the Sanderos in Europe (not sure where exactly though).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi we'll I've orded a sandero ambiance in cinder red and been told mid march
But am confused as I've heard ppl have orded in July for jan and been told late march early April do they need to meet certain numbers before shipping and could they pull the brand from the market ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi we'll I've orded a sandero ambiance in cinder red and been told mid march
But am confused as I've heard ppl have orded in July for jan and been told late march early April do they need to meet certain numbers before shipping and could they pull the brand from the market ?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Lewis, and welcome to the site

There are no minimum orders, I think because it's a new brand etc, it's taking a while to get up and running. There is a long waiting list for the Duster as well, they just can't build them quick enough!! Basically, demand has taken them by surprise really

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Going to wax oil it soon as I get it like
Best thing to do IMO. A decent polish and wax will keep the car looking in tip top condition for many years to come.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep i always hand wash my cars too and use auto gilm polish
I've got a t reg ka ATM and its about 50 shades of silver fords have poor paint work IMO
But to be fair I only payed £600 quid for it but it faild it's last mot badly I had to replace the steering rack rear axle bushes drop link wipers 2 bottom arms and a cv joint or and the cill needed welding
Not good been layed out side on the floor fixing ya car in December so that's why I decided to buy the sandero for the money ya can't be robed

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was at the dealers yesterday to see these new cars because I was thinking of ordering one of Dacia Sandero Ambiance 0.9TCE and I queried about delivery dates. For the 0.9tce Ambiance model, the one I was primarily interested in I was told May 2013. For the Laureate version I was told April. Of course both 'depending on which exact specification you choose and colour.'

Some statistics that the salesman told me I thought would be of interest - when the car launched to end of December 2012, there were seemingly 3,000 pre-orders made. Apparently, the latest figure thus far is 25,000 pre-orders made, assuming nationwide.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts