UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ...... not posted for a little while ....... just been waiting for the clock to tick down

:)

I know at least one member bought his Duster from a dealer many miles away from where he lived, have many people done anything like this ?

I have been watching the prices of pre registered Dusters for several months now and have spotted some good bargains...........

This is some thing I really need to look at as my budget is not that good :-(

One of the things that worries me is if I was unlucky and got one of the Dusters that did have problems as in the leak/rust/ type probs that have been reported on hear, Will I have to accept that I will need to be travelling what ever distance I chose for a dealer each time a prob comes up????????

Any thoughts ????????

Ralph

·
Registered
182 Posts
hi Rilph,

l brought my duster as an ex-demo from a dealership 50 miles[1 hour]away from me.it came with metallic paint protection and styling packs,and saved me just under two grand[that was april last year]

l have taken it back for a free 1st service[you do the maths!]but henceforth will use my local dealer[10 miles down the road]for any further services[subject to cost]

the cars warranty is valid at any dealership,but l take onboard your concern about dealing with the original vendor and can only say for me it so far has worked.

p.s l also got a higher valueation on my partex which the dealer imformed me they do for people who travel.

p.p.s or try using it as abargaining tool at your local dealer!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
As Mervyn says, you don't need to go back to the same dealer for servicing, you don't even have to get it serviced at a Dacia dealer come to that as long as whoever does it uses genuine parts. Any warranty jobs can be handled by your nearest Dacia dealer too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have just bought a ex demo Duster. I organised a test drive in the test car. On the day, salesman not sure where the key was, so took me out in a brand new one. I hated it. Brakes crap, steering vague. Engine not reving very easily. Was going to forget it. But when I went a bit cold, amazingly, the keys turned up. Had a quick drive and felt good. It had been run in. Yes theres arguments that its been thrashed, there is nothing as fast as a curtasy car!!!!!!
I think that a car with 1000 miles on it has had most of the initial problems ironed out.
The warrenty is with any garage so not a problem there.
Treat it like you would any USED car. With out the need to take it all the way back to where you bought it.....result

Kim

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks chaps ........ it still is a bit of a concern that my local dealers may 'take the hump' regards sorting warranty issues if I do not buy from them , coupled with the fact that unless things change I will continue to use the car garage that I have used for the past 10+ years for servicing........

Do the dealers get payment for warranty work off Dacia ?

You are right about the savings , I am not worried about a colour (yes I know there is a lengthy thread re white -rust) and after

lurking over the past 4/5 months I reckon I could save £2500 ish with a bit of luck .....

Ralph

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ralph,

I had to pop in my local Dacia dealer to get the spare wheel Carrier fitted as per the deal when I bought it, and asked the question.
The mechanics said that they have no idea if a vehicle was bought there or not. Its just a car on a job sheet.
The people on the front desk couldnt give a monkeys, they just want your money. They are now struggling for doing services as we dont have to go to main dealers anymore.
They have had to drop their prices to be competative.
I had a Fiat that when I enquired the rates for some work, I was quoted £99 / hour. And they couldnt understand why I went else where for the work to be done.

Kim

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dacia pays for warran

Thanks chaps ........ it still is a bit of a concern that my local dealers may 'take the hump' regards sorting warranty issues if I do not buy from them , coupled with the fact that unless things change I will continue to use the car garage that I have used for the past 10+ years for servicing........

Do the dealers get payment for warranty work off Dacia ?

You are right about the savings , I am not worried about a colour (yes I know there is a lengthy thread re white -rust) and after

lurking over the past 4/5 months I reckon I could save £2500 ish with a bit of luck .....

Ralph
The manufacturer pays the dealer for warranty work, that's why all warranty work needs to be signed off before starting it, and why sometimes the dealer, the customer and the manufacturer are at odds.

True your contract is with the vendor - but unless you have an absolute lemon and want to reject it, you should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts