UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the premium diesel worth the extra money such as v power and excellium is better mpg obtained and is it cleaner for your engine any comments please

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
is the premium diesel worth the extra money such as v power and excellium is better mpg obtained and is it cleaner for your engine any comments please
I use CITY DIESEL from my local Sainsbury's it's £1.339 per litre as opposed to Asda's £1.337 according to 'Diesel Car' magazine it is suuposed to be cleaner, but Iv'e never seen 'premium' diesel on sale ! <_<

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a Pug and have always used Asda diesel, never had any problem. I refuse to use the local private filling stations, before we had Asda they robbed us blind during the fuel shortage. (One owner told me you want my fuel you pay my price)

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
its usually at shell and b p garages in france people say supermarket fuel is you get what you pay for
I've read somewhere that refineries don't descriminate between 'normal' and 'supermarket' fuel, it's all the same.! :D

·
Registered
756 Posts
The premium has a higher octane level that burns slightly hotter and cleaner and gives slight increase in performance and economy on large performance engines.

Ecomax does exactly the same at a much reduced cost, gives me 5-10 % increase in economy normally

1 - 7 of 7 Posts