UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a Premium membership, and an idea came to me.

I have read lots of posts in the "Seen a new Dacia" topic, where people have waved etc. to other drivers & had no response.

Why not include a small window sticker with the membership, so at least if we spot one another. we'll know why the other driver is waving.

And maybe have a chat via the forum.

Any thoughts on this?.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
+1 from me: a membership window sticker would be a nice touch - I have one for my Transalp from XRV.ORG

...also, I'd really like to have a www.DaciaForum.co.uk sticker on my Duster, in case any other Dacia drivers see it and weren't otherwise aware of the forum.

Can't seem to buy them via this site (despite several attempts) so I think I'll get a couple made up via eBAy.

Joe

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Yea that's a very good idea, Not just would it convince more of us to become premium members... It would publicise the forum to other Dacia owners who have not heard of it yet.... each sticker will go a long long way. The more stickers out there the bigger the forum will grow.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got another suggestion, why not post a page that we can print out with the forums details etc. Then if we meet other Dacia owners we can give them details of the best Dacia forum.
What do ya think? .

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
hi vanguard: good idea re. a forum details page.

I did something similar a few years ago for my bike: '02 Royal Enfield Bullet, based on a '50s design. The A5 page gave a very short potted history of the Redditch/Madras/Chennai production, and ended with the REOC (i.e. owners club) local and national contact details.

I even had a laminated version I could leave with the bike when it was parked up!

Got a few new members that way too.

Joe

Reactions: mackworth

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for all your replies.

I notice that the administrators / moderators on the forum, are keeping very quiet....

Perhaps they think they have enough members all ready!!

P.S. I like the idea of a forum information page, that could be printed off.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It's a good idea but it means someone on the Admin side (Nick really) taking time to administer it, source and pay for stickers. These are not easy things to do particularly for Nick who has other things (little pink crying/pooping/eating things) on his mind.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
It's a good idea but it means someone on the Admin side (Nick really) taking time to administer it, source and pay for stickers. These are not easy things to do particularly for Nick who has other things (little pink crying/pooping/eating things) on his mind.
I know a good commercial printer that would prob print them and his prices are good, I could get Prices per qty's if required but there would be a minimum order qty.
But then someone would have to administer sending them out to all the new members which is prob the most tricky bit lol..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not sure if I'm reading this "waving" idea correctly. But how would other Dacia owner drivers be able to spot a "small window sticker" from the other side of the road? I've had experience of this practice, but it didn't involve any particular marque of vehicle. I refer to 'bikers. When either passing, or over taking, simply being a 'biker was nearly always greeted with a nod of the head, or an acknowledgement with the hand. The other situation was when we were driving our Motor Home. Again a hand wave or a quick flash of headlights (providing it was safe to) was nearly always greeted with a response.

Ah! 'biking/'bikers, great days, now that's a club for camaraderie, whether you're in one or not. :)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Once upon a time Dacias were 'rare' and everybody used to nod and wave, now they're common as muck and your arm would get tired waving to everyone :D

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...or how about this 'lo-fi' solution...cheap as chips from ebay!

Joe
p.s. this is an external sticker - right in the path of the wiper, but I'll replace it with an internal one at some point.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts