UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's happened.

£495 now for any other colour than Glacier White. (source dacia.co.uk)

It does look nice in white, and I was tempted to wait for the white to become available but the dealer didn't know much about it - however, they did try to charge me for the Pearl Black as it was an 'option'.

When I asked the question "an option to what?" and "could I have mine unpainted then please?" they 'relented' and I got it in black for free..... this was before white became available of course...

Take a look on the website though, it does look good!!

Reactions: Juju Beanz

·
Registered
119 Posts
Also noticed front is different. Try the Dacia UK "Build your car" feature. Foglight housing Black not Silver. Protection plate not showing, Number plate skirt missing. In fact the whole lower section looks different. I assume these will become extras unless I should have gone to Specsavers ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Also tried to download Stepway brochure but now Stepway brochure link only opens the Sandero brochure. Possibly a new brochure is due with spec changes for the base price?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Duster has always been £495 extra for any colour other than white, was it not the same for the Sandero Stepway?
It was a marketing plow to get extra orders in before the change happened on the 25th June 2013 "yesterday"!

So effectively if you ordered withing the first month of release, you would be £495 better off.

Personally i think its a little underhanded, especially as for the most part the cars are effectevelly pre painted and stored, its not like their all going to be sprayed to order. For £495 they should be able to offer a broader range of colours or a combination of Bodywork/Roof/Styling. Much like Renault do for their higher end Clio's and Megane's

·
Registered
40 Posts
I must admit the picture of white Stepway does look good, although I hope they put the STEPWAY lettering on the correct way round on the actual cars (look closely B) ). Only a couple of weeks til ours arrives (cinder red) so will stick with original choice, don't want to go to the back of the queue lol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It implies that the Image was Mirror'ed and then plate name changed, a very poor job even for their marketing department

Hence why the Fuel flap for the UK market is on the wrong side in this picture.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It implies that the Image was Mirror'ed and then plate name changed, a very poor job even for their marketing department

Hence why the Fuel flap for the UK market is on the wrong side in this picture.
Indeed - it's not the first time this has happened and Dacia aren't on their own.

My current car is diesel with the fuel filler on the left rear - the Stepway will be petrol with the filler on the right. I have enough things to try to remember when re-fuelling and these pictures are unlikely to help :lol:

Does look nice in the white though... I went for black as my neighbour has just taken delivery of two new white cars. Seems white is 'the colour of the moment' for a lot of people.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The blue looks great - I think most of the dealer demo cars were Azurite Blue. The one we tested certainly was and it suits the design of the car really well.

SWMBO liked it and that was the one we were initially going for - then she saw the Pearl Black and was smitten - I'm coming round to it now.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Yeah we did but doe a lack of viewing a blue stepway and possible delays in delivery we will stick with the Black, the beat colour option :ph34r::ph34r: :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess those of us that have already ordered before the deadline have kind of 'added' £495 to the value of our cars without doing a thing?

Apparently, a new car loses around a grand as you drive off the forecourt.... that means we only lose about £500 instead!!!

Aaaarrrgh - these things and more are going through my mind as time drags unti September / October or whenever it will be...... someone get my medication :p

Reactions: eithnew

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Seems white is 'the colour of the moment' for a lot of people.....
White is definitely back. Requires sexy wheels though to look it's best, I sort of think. Cheapy option - spray your wheels black to wind up the £30-60k whities as you coolly cruise by!!! (Obviously, being a Dacia, best you are cruising by in the opposite direction so they can't test your cool for real.) :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
First post for me, ordered stepway ambiance tce in blue on 9th may. Edenlow has pointed out already that when you configure the stepway online it has changed, no chrome fog light surrounds and no scuff plates, also the equipment list ignores them in the config mode, have they changed the spec, (for the worse)? I will not be amused if my car is minus these items!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts